Wanna learn about Camera Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

TsQ

Jan 27, 2002
River Valley
Visit site
I really don't know much about lens... I am planning to get one for the G2. Is there any good website that described about lens and how to read its specs? like those numbers F3.4 or so on, what does it means?

I think the 1st lens I want to get is one that fits in the G2 so that it will protect the lens and save myself the trouble of putting on and off the plastic lens cover. What brand would u recommend for such usage?

You can't change the lens of the G2.

At most, you *could* add filters. See if there are screw rings on your lens lor. :)

Originally posted by Zoomer
You can't change the lens of the G2.

At most, you *could* add filters. See if there are screw rings on your lens lor. :)

haha.. this shows how little i know.

What i meant was add-on converters/filters

Did some readings and the 1st i need to get is a UV filter, to protect the lens. Any good recommandation?

Hi. I think to add a UV filter on your G2 requires you to purchase the adapter ring and screw it on to your G2, then screw on the right size UV filter. And your G2 endup look like a SLR camera. And this make it not convenient to keep. I hope you understand what i am trying to say. :)

Originally posted by serendipity
Hi. I think to add a UV filter on your G2 requires you to purchase the adapter ring and screw it on to your G2, then screw on the right size UV filter. And your G2 endup look like a SLR camera. And this make it not convenient to keep. I hope you understand what i am trying to say. :)

oh I see.. so its like having the lens poped out full all the time eh? Dont think I mind that.. if i wanted it small i would had gotten a Ixus V :)

Do they sell this adapter ring in Singapore?????? (tell me if pic dont load)
g2th_adapter.jpg

also, what is the different btw circular polariser and UV protector? a search in google only resulted in online store selling it, no explainations.

again thank u all for helping :)

I saw a G2 user this weekend with a screw in rubber hood. He said it really helped saturate the colors and cutting out sidelight.

ed

Originally posted by TsQ

Do they sell this adapter ring in Singapore??????

also, what is the different btw circular polariser and UV protector? a search in google only resulted in online store selling it, no explainations.

For filters, you can read about them at www.camerafilters.com

The adapter ring available in singapore is a 52mm one(silver) and a 58mm one (canon original/black).

Status
Not open for further replies.