Wanna get better spectacle lenses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Headshotzx

Dec 14, 2007
Punggol
As per title, i wanna get better spectacle lenses. Photographically speaking, my current pair has lots of CA especially at the sides, flares easily and has bad side sharpness.

The catch is, i wanna retain my current framw bought from Optic Point. We got it there by using a 100 dollar voucher, but now i regret the decision.

Anyone?

ask for multi coated lens. most brands has it. I'm currently using nikon lens and it comes with a certificate:bsmilie:. BUT, please do not clean the lens with your t-shirt and normal tissue paper. The coating will start to peel once it is scratched. :cry:

go for multicoated lense. my specs lense are more ex than my frame. I buy glass and not plastic. coat anti flare and something like steel-thingy-coat to make it stronger. Dunno how, but since my index is high and I choose medium thinness then they advise to coat it with that so lense become stronger.

I never wana buy from those cheap free lense cos I know since it is free then they would not give me a top quality lense and seriously it is the lense and not the frame that my eyes will appreciate.

Last edited:
As per title, i wanna get better spectacle lenses. Photographically speaking, my current pair has lots of CA especially at the sides, flares easily and has bad side sharpness.

The catch is, i wanna retain my current framw bought from Optic Point. We got it there by using a 100 dollar voucher, but now i regret the decision.

Anyone?
depends if you want to splurge, some specialty optical shop can order Nikon, Pentax glass lens for you. I myself planning to change from plastic len to glass next year.

why not try lasik since you're young? financially speaking you break even in about 4-5 years, sooner if you buy expensive glasses. the convenience is priceless.

i'm glad i did my lasik! it's only about $2.5k now all in. even comes with 3-year warranty. lovin' it!

why not try lasik since you're young? financially speaking you break even in about 4-5 years, sooner if you buy expensive glasses. the convenience is priceless.

i'm glad i did my lasik! it's only about $2.5k now all in. even comes with 3-year warranty. lovin' it!

Haha, I kinda look better with specs :dunno: kinda sunken eyes and stuff. Will contemplate that one. Breaking even isn't an issue, the short term 'right before / after procedure' effects are what I dislike, especially since I'm a student.

ask for multi coated lens. most brands has it. I'm currently using nikon lens and it comes with a certificate:bsmilie:. BUT, please do not clean the lens with your t-shirt and normal tissue paper. The coating will start to peel once it is scratched. :cry:
Depends, mine's went through a "war zone" , but my coating is still there. No peeling.

Get hoya optics or Seiko optics and make sure is it highest index type and the front of the lens is near flat. These lens are not cheap though, a few hundreds. So it is only recommended for those whose degree won't change for next 5 years.

The polycarbonate lens will be thicker but less likely to chip off when knock on hard surface.

Transition optics may help you to see things better in the sun but problem is, you will not detect the highlight blown area under the sun.

Anyone?

If it peels, it is not a good lens. The plastic should be hard and not just rely on coating as it give a green/blue tint.

On my previous pair, I did not opt for Nikon lens bec I felt they are not up to standard IMO. To me, if one cannot make a ultra high index lens, meaning it is not up to standard.

Haha, I kinda look better with specs :dunno: kinda sunken eyes and stuff. Will contemplate that one. Breaking even isn't an issue, the short term 'right before / after procedure' effects are what I dislike, especially since I'm a student.
ah dont worry about it..that's because you're used to how you look with glasses!

i had a very dry feeling one the day immediately after the op, by the next day i didn't feel a thing! except it's damn shiok to look at pretty girls from afar! you just have to keep it clean and not rub your eyes for the first couple of days, and no diving for one month. the no diving part was the toughest for me.

it probably wont be much of a problem for you, i think. unless you have girls in your class that enjoy poking your eyes for staring at them...hahaha

My friend is using Seiko lenses on her glasses and she loves it. She made her pair of glasses from Optic Point too.

You can try Carl Zeiss or Nikon lenses if you don't mind paying. These are really high grade lenses especially the Carl Zeiss.

Status
Not open for further replies.