Wana buy lens...=)

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlim

Oct 28, 2005
NEL
;) haha dont mind me....
..hey all u know my present lens has a minimum focus of 28cm...thats very far...
is there any mechanism i can use to bring it down?

...nxt qn. any lens u all personally use that is like a 1Ocm minimum range only?

...last qn. if i prefer taking still life,would u all recommend me a 50mm or a 18-200 sort of lens? or any other lens lah....:D

Thanks,
sean....P.S u pple have to tahan me for 3 more weeks haha;p

Wait a minute *breathing in & out to control myself* ... ok ...

#1: 28cm is very good for non-macro lenses liao ...

#2: Macro lenses, e.g. Nikkor AF 60mm f/2.8D micro.

#3: Try the 60mm micro. If not, any lens also can take still life ... they are not running anywhere, right? :bsmilie:

3 weeks is a long time ... :mad2:

;) haha...then will cause club major break down:devil:
anw hw much is the 60mm lens u mentioned?
forgot to say i dont want to spend too much also all thos lens above 800 can forget abt it
300-500 long way but ill plan
0-200 plus...ill get soon if good ;)

no offence but wouldn't you be better off with a p&s? unless you must use a dslr. :think:

i am using a dSLR....upgraded frm P&S:)

i would recommend that you learn the basics of photography before jumping into expansion of your current system.

it seems to me that you are very keen to get into macro-photography. if you really want to get an extra lens, get a 50mm 1.8, it's cheap and very good IMHO, a 2nd hand would probably be around $120 to $140, just do a search. when reversed with the BR2a (new is around twenty odd dollars) the focusing distance drops to around 10cm from subject. BUT i must warn you, when reversed it is a fully manual lens, i.e. no auto-focus, and you may find it difficult to handle as a newbie in photography. end of the day, get the basics right first.

yea...i know must learn frm basics..haha...but i keep having the wrong mindset that my kit lens nt good enuf...haiz...so erm any mechanism that can like reduce the minimum focus range or increase the zoom range?:embrass:

if ur kit lens not good enough, why not give it to me? :bsmilie:

aiyoh.....have fun with your lens first la. with proper technique and a tripod, no reason why you cant take decent macro shots. 28cm is not too bad for a non-macro lens.

if ur really serious about macro, Tamron SP 90mm DI is for you. $450 2nd hand.

seanlim said:
;) haha...then will cause club major break down:devil:
anw hw much is the 60mm lens u mentioned?
forgot to say i dont want to spend too much also all thos lens above 800 can forget abt it
300-500 long way but ill plan
0-200 plus...ill get soon if good ;)
This is according to Cactus Jack's Nikon price guide:

AF Micro 60mm f/2.8D - $630 (AP, Oct05 - poh6702); $595 (Grey, TCW, Nov05 - satcat) *Updated 02/12*

For ur info, grey set from TCW has no warranty, in case u're thinking of asking ...

The 60mm micro is really more suitable for still life macro photography. If, later, u decide u want to take macro pics of things alive, such as insects, then it may not be so suitable ...

Anyway u can try eikin or jumbocrab's recommendations since u have budget constraints. All the best!

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
if ur really serious about macro, Tamron SP 90mm DI is for you. $450 2nd hand.
The Tamron lens recommended by Isaiah is

SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di 1:1 Macro - S$565 (MS, Sept05 - Scaglietti)

Info taken from Cactus Jack's Nikon price guide :)

:cheers:

hey thanks guys...anw whats the minimum focus range for the 50mm?

hey read abt sth....called extension tubes..does i fit my purpose?

Go buy the Sigma 70-300mm APO with tele-macro function.
Keep your kit-lens 18-55mm for wide angle and normal shots.
If u want sharpness add a 50mm prime, but must zoom with your legs. :bsmilie:

With these 3 sets of lens u can do wide, tele, macro and portrait. :thumbsup:
Don't keep worrying abt what lens to buy. Coz, if u keep changing and worrying which lens to
buy, in the end you won't have much time left to take photos. :bsmilie:

most prob a 50mm prime but i want to confirm minimum focus range.yes zoom=walk but if minimum is like 20 over cm...hmm will need to re-consider

Don't think liao,50mm f1.8 + BR2a.

Go shop try lah,since most lens your budget over.The shop guy can answer your questions 1 shot like machine gun lor.Somemore can try,here talk only,cannot try.:(

Aiyoh, 50mm min focus distance is abt 45cm, with BR2a, eikin already mentioned above is abt 10cm. But bear in mind, with BR2a, it is completely MF.

As zaxh81 recommended, go down shop and try lor ... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.