Walt Disney Concert Hall, Los Angelas

TheTrailblazer

Oct 29, 2007
Hong Kong
www.pbase.com
#1 Next time when you are in LA, be sure to visit this Frank Gehry-designed building. The architecture, as with other Gehry works, evoked polarized opinions, but for photography, it rocks. Appreciate comments and critique.

107650325.59XwouyP.jpg
#

#2 The hall is destined to be a new architectural landmark, generating as much excitement as Gehry's Guggenheim Museum Bilbao, which its design predates.

107650329.dv8oh57B.jpg

Last edited:
#3 The graceful curves of Frank Gehry's Walt Disney Concert Hall in Los Angeles are familiar to anyone interested in contemporary architecture.

107650330.jPG4ZQdO.jpg

#4 The Concert Hall is designed to be one of the most acoustically sophisticated concert halls in the world, providing both visual and aural intimacy for an unparalleled musical experience.

107650334.CD0fCKB2.jpg

Last edited:
#5 The auditorium, designed to look and feel like a ship's hull, features 2,265 audience seats which surround the orchestra, as well as natural lighting.

107862751.3fobcEGk.jpg

#6 From the stainless steel curves of its striking exterior to the state-of-the-art acoustics of the hardwood-paneled main auditorium, the 3.6-acre complex embodies the unique energy and creative spirit of the city of Los Angeles and its orchestra.

107650317.lp1VHdRH.jpg

Last edited:
Now that you've figured out how to start your own threads, I hope you are done spamming other threads with your photos.

Hi Kit,
I'd earlier apologised to the thread owner for my transgression which was rooted in ignorance. I'd also thanked the one who alerted me of this misbahaviour. I am not sure what else is needed though I hope this is adequate to show remorse. I appreciate that you may feel the need to uphold the honorable role of policing this space to ensure good bahaviour. What I do not appreciate is sarcasm which I consider unworthy. Let bygone be bygone and a little kindness in this space is much valued.

#7 Frank Owen Gehry, CC (born Ephraim Owen Goldberg; February 28, 1929) is a Jewish Canadian-American Pritzker Prize-winning architect based in Los Angeles, California. His buildings, including his private residence, have become tourist attractions. Many museums, companies, and cities seek Gehry's services as a badge of distinction, beyond the product he delivers.

107650320.yfrOS6ax.jpg

#8 His best-known works include the titanium-covered Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao, Spanish Basque Country, Walt Disney Concert Hall in downtown Los Angeles, Experience Music Project in Seattle, Weisman Art Museum in Minneapolis, Dancing House in Prague, Czech Republic and the MARTa Museum in Herford, Germany.

107650335.FAzTAeIH.jpg

Thank you for viewing this thread.

Hi Kit,
I'd earlier apologised to the thread owner for my transgression which was rooted in ignorance. I'd also thanked the one who alerted me of this misbahaviour. I am not sure what else is needed though I hope this is adequate to show remorse. I appreciate that you may feel the need to uphold the honorable role of policing this space to ensure good bahaviour. What I do not appreciate is sarcasm which I consider unworthy. Let bygone be bygone and a little kindness in this space is much valued.

You spammed my threads with your photos more than once, I don't recall any responses(i.e. apologies) from you. I don't need to uphold anything here, just keeping my threads clean. Sarcasm? You haven't seen anything yet.

Last edited:
You spammed my threads with your photos more than once, I don't recall any responses(i.e. apologies) from you. I don't need to uphold anything here, just keeping my threads clean. Sarcasm? You haven't seen anything yet.

Hi Kit,
I checked my threads and it was Song84 I apologised to after promoting by Catchlights. It was only then I realised what was good netiquete. Unlike most members here I do not beloing to the digital natives generation and it took me awhile to figure things out. That's what happens when you are not in the youthful age. I did discover one transgression into your space though and for that I offer my apology now. Whether you meant to be sarcastic matters little. You have the right to be upset. I should clarify that I simply did not possess the knowledge of forum etiquet then as I do now. Enjoy the festive season.

Came across this by chance...great shots by The Trailblazer... :thumbsup:

Yeah, can only see 2,4 and 6 here. But I went to your website. Wow! So nice! How did you get the colours? Looks like I must go LA next time!

Yeah, can only see 2,4 and 6 here. But I went to your website. Wow! So nice! How did you get the colours? Looks like I must go LA next time!

Hi Nikole,
My 2 favourite buildings in LA are Walt Disney Concert Hall and The Bradbury Building, one modern and the other old. The interior of Bradbury is awesome. I used Lightroom to post-process the photos to get the abstract like colour effect. Have fun.