Walking down the street

Learnphotography

Apr 18, 2009
Singapore

1. in what area is critique to be sought?

Composition, Exposure. Does it tell a story? Tell me everything!

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

To capture a common moment tt nobody would notice on the street

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

using 70-200. squat very low down to capture the bird walking along with humans

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture

it looks cute to me.

I like this shot very much~ especially we see how the bird walks with men ;)
One comment will be it looks like the feet is stepping on the bird's head...

thanks caiyu01 for yr comments.

@crystal, somewhat. can't say copy becoz i got inspiration on street photos by looking thru lots lots of photos from else where. but i hav seen many ppl use bird as subject.

i do think that you present an interesting picture here, esp with the man walking in the background and the bird walking in the foreground... good pic here imo! did you crouch on the floor to get this shot???

maybe u can do a better job with the masking. use a harder brush might help. a vignette, or a stronger one, might improve the photo :D

Hahaha true that a lot of people use bird as subject but what i mean is the idea of capturing a bird walking with a man. Getting inspiration is cool but copying is a nono. However whether or not did you copy is very subjective and vary from individual. So i won't say much.

To improve your picture, place the bird on the left instead of on the right as the bird is facing to the right or in the middle is fine. Focus point seems like it's on the wings and not on the head. Maybe can improve that.

Could definitely do with more contrast.

i like the composition. but do you think to position the bird at left side is better?

Agree, with the bird more to the left, it will give the feeling that the bird is walking into the photo instead of walking out like now. There's halo around the bird too. But nice concept, overall the take is good and I like it. :)

great concept !!!!!

i believed we've both been to the same photographer's website cause i've definitely seen this image somewhere , same idea somemore ...

nice idea if there is some food also nice