walking down memory lane

wish4me

Nov 6, 2010
It was the on 21/01/11 that i decided to visit this kampong before it was all gone, i wonder if modern time really has no space for some traditional kampong

boy,i was excited when the first house greated me, it remind me when i used to stay at bukit timah 30 years ago, my mum used to tell me, u no study next time u empty soiled bucket ( some may remember those days )

i used to had my own garden,where i grow my own fruit,does any1 realise that our packet of roast peanut,can be used to grow again,i chong to their gardens,m.....this plant,i wonder if it will ever last long enough to bear fruit

look what have i found,bamboo plant,ah la mat last time why i never grow this plant,yes! it does look like a japanese zen garden

something is not right,was it me / the paper / or last time gar ver ment slow in doing thing ? i thought this kampong started 1953,but the sign said 1954

cjsaya

Jan 24, 2009
Bedok, Singapore
nice series but watermark is a bit too "distracting BIG". try a smaller watermark

wish4me

Nov 6, 2010
like the out of focus blur background,it is sad to know this kampong is slowly fading away from us, my grandchild would not know what a kampong means

the owner must be very sad to lose it all, though there is nothing i can do, but i really there is some light for her, image staying at a place for almost your entire life span n to lose it all,image the pain

ever play hide n seek s a child, n u peep to see if the catcher is nearby, if u share the this feeling when u c tis pix GOTCHA i caught,next time please lower your head when u peep

it is going to be very hard for the younger generation to believe u that singapore once hook up by all this wire

freedom is a sacre in modern living, how best to prove this point, is by this letter box,u need no key

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2009
Wow...I would love to pay a visit there. My only concern is whether the people who stays there are comfortable with outsiders taking photographs there or not.

wish4me

Nov 6, 2010
Wow...I would love to pay a visit there. My only concern is whether the people who stays there are comfortable with outsiders taking photographs there or not.
i gave out alive but not without some injury

wish4me

Nov 6, 2010
u rich or poor i m sure after a day of hard day, most of us would like to go back to a WARM HOME, or neighour but what do we get, CLOSE DOOR WITH UNIT NUMBER, how i envy them

organic food is the best , chemical used on banana make skin look yellow n good, buy 40 days banana the best, old folk sure know how to take good care,freshest gauva to eat

priceless heirloom is past down generation to generation, how about kampong photo ?

acpical

Jul 25, 2007
something is not right,was it me / the paper / or last time gar ver ment slow in doing thing ? i thought this kampong started 1953,but the sign said 1954

1954 refers to the earlier 4-digit postal code.

wish4me

Nov 6, 2010
acpical said:
1954 refers to the earlier 4-digit postal code.
Ha ha ops my mistake forgot my history lesson

wish4me

Nov 6, 2010
i managed to find myself a time machine to transport myself n my mentor to roughly a 100 years back for some photography due to some technical defect,was was taken perfect 100 year ago may not seem right at 2011, A DYING TREE

seriously i wonder does any1 still do bathtub like this,also i cannot seem to find the water heater, retro bathtub ?

it seem that the house is very airy as they do not use wall but rail

on closer look, it does seem tobe able to withstand rust

wish4me

Nov 6, 2010
image the whole house was kept cool by all this

can any1 guess how many roon r there on the second floor

i cannot comprehen why thery need so many door

in it keyday

Sgdevilzz

May 16, 2010
That's a really unique and nice place. Your colored photos are alright. BUT

Your B&W photos are very noisy, if you do it on purpose it's not really nice. Your watermark is extremely big and distracting. Watermarks are not for show, it's a digital signature of the original creator. It tends to be very small and at a corner to indicate that is photo is copyright and should never be used by others unless permission given.

wish4me

Nov 6, 2010
That's a really unique and nice place. Your colored photos are alright. BUT

Your B&W photos are very noisy, if you do it on purpose it's not really nice. Your watermark is extremely big and distracting. Watermarks are not for show, it's a digital signature of the original creator. It tends to be very small and at a corner to indicate that is photo is copyright and should never be used by others unless permission given.
THANKS for droping by

will tone down on the noise level,and c what the effect on other black n white pix, ha ha ha watermark will try mine best to make smaller,dun knw y i always put big big , ok lah will resist the temptation to do it

thanks for you comment deeply appreciate it :)

wish4me

Nov 6, 2010
nothing to do so i took a short walk around the park and took some shot,chop chop 45 min

can any1 tell me the true meaning of the words

dragon king of the sea

omg call police there is tiger on the run

they should take better care of the place,so much dirt on it

HTCahHTC

May 9, 2008
Yes, pls go VERY EASY on the watermark. it's too big and distracting. and IMHO, there's a very strong lack of composition in most pictures.

wish4me

Nov 6, 2010
a trumpet was blown a war cry heard far away loud n clear

who will be the winner

Top Bottom