Walk...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scaglietti

Jan 14, 2005
DSC_0994_01.jpg

BC

Hmmm... A *little* too grainy, and the people are too far away. You dont get the feeling of "walking" as much as "Gee, there are some guys back there".

A single person, walking about 3m or 4m from you would work better.

bc,

was this shot in bnw or color then you convert?

Rashkae, it was sort of grainy when I shot that at ISO3200, did not add any grains in PP. I did amplify the grains abit. I had a problem giving a name to this shot... thought of "Walking with you", "Walking home", but at the end... "walk...". Thanks for the comments. :)

Jeanie, yes, it was shot in "colour" (is there such thing as B&W in digital?). I can't remember whether I converted the photo to B&W in-camera or in PP.

BC

Rashkae, it was sort of grainy when I shot that at ISO3200, did not add any grains in PP. I did amplify the grains abit. I had a problem giving a name to this shot... thought of "Walking with you", "Walking home", but at the end... "walk...". Thanks for the comments. :)

Ah, ok. So it's "natural" ISO 3200 grain. Okidoki then. :)

Scaglietti nice try on a B/W pic but is there anything going through your mind at the point you are shooting the pic? it seems that you are just shooting without thinking much:nono:
maybe you want to give a short discription on the next time.:) :) :)
Continue trying trying trying :D

Scaglietti nice try on a B/W pic but is there anything going through your mind at the point you are shooting the pic? it seems that you are just shooting without thinking much:nono:
maybe you want to give a short discription on the next time.
Continue trying trying trying

Sort of yes...

It was the hazy night in October when I shot this. A group of youths was walking pass me. I thought that as grown-ups we don't really walk together with big group of friends like what we used to in younger days. Especially nice to have a group of friends walking with you in a dark hazy night... :)

After they pass me, I turned to look at them with reminiscence of the days when friendship were as simple as walking (or taking a bus ride) home with you... (happened to have my camera on hand and so I snapped the shot)

BC

Okay i see maybe next time you could wait for them to come closer before you snap to make a more impactful shot. i also quite newbie so got a lot to learn.:)

Hi Scaglietti,

I rather like the grain look how ever it was achieved :cool:

My preference for the pic would be .... not many people but one.

The single person (where the people presently are) would be in a trench coat with a hat,

facing south/east as we see it.

Ok, I have wierd visualisations but the concept would apeal to me.

Cheers :)

lack subject..

Status
Not open for further replies.