Waiting game - For the new lenses & Body by Olympus

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMSS_2

Hi to all,

i have a dilemma about purchasing olympus accesories. (yes. the itch is strong)

Should i get (now or a few months time)
1) 50mm macro oly
2) 50-200mm oly
3) hld-3 grip for E-300

or should i wait for the new bodies and lenses to be out in the market? if so, when will that be happening?

NMSS_2 said:
Hi to all,

1) 50mm macro oly
2) 50-200mm oly
3) hld-3 grip for E-300

or should i wait for the new bodies and lenses to be out in the market? if so, when will that be happening?

Next Body will be launch earliest end of this year and latest is 1st half of next year. As for the three Pro Lenses which cost in THOUSANDs :eek: will be launch end of this year.

Furthermore the next three rumour lens of two Marco and one fish eye will be launch probaility next year. ;p

Merciless_Knight said:
Next Body will be launch earliest end of this year and latest is 1st half of next year. As for the three Pro Lenses which cost in THOUSANDs :eek: will be launch end of this year.

Furthermore the next three rumour lens of two Marco and one fish eye will be launch probaility next year. ;p

just to clarify whether HLD-3 can be use for E-1? the newer bodies will be based on E-1 right?

Looks like for macro lens is pretty straight forward. (must stop the itch now)

NMSS_2 said:
just to clarify whether HLD-3 can be use for E-1? the newer bodies will be based on E-1 right?

Looks like for macro lens is pretty straight forward. (must stop the itch now)

E-1 is using HLD-2 vertgrip.

And

E-300 is using HLD-3 vertgrip.

Cos Design is different.

As for newer bodies, I am not sure liao. :bsmilie:

doubliewkay said:
I bought the ZD 50mm macro recently on my HK trip.
I can tell u that u will never regret it at all.
Perfect for macros as well as potraits.

Some of the uploaded pics are here.
http://doubliewkay.multiply.com/photos/album/6

Whoa, nice clown fish. Are u into diving or it is a aquarium shot?

so many temptations. :cry:

It's an aquarium shot. The marine kit for E-300 is way above my budget. :p

Hi,

How much is the ZD 50mm u got from HK?

I bought it for HK$3980. Just slightly cheaper than what u can get in Sg.
Last checked, cheapest that i found was around SG$890.

thats a new price. works out to be about S$830 with a 4.8 exchange rate if i m not mistaken.

i recommend the ZD50 reason being in s'pore, there's very few opportunities for zoom lenses of this range. if Oly were to come out with a 15mm or a 20mm, thats even better as a walk-about lens (pancake lens anyone?) :bsmilie: . right now, i think the 50mm is as good as u can get.

me still ddddrrrrrrooooooollllllllliiiiiiinnnnnggggggg......... :bsmilie:

doubliewkay, all your macro shots very nice...esp. nemo ! so sharp and clear just like underwater shot.

Any idea if the price of current lenses will drop after the new lenses are released?

NMSS_2 said:
Hi to all,

1) 50mm macro oly
2) 50-200mm oly
3) hld-3 grip for E-300

Are you serious bout 50-200mm oly? btw no need to wait for 50mm...just go get it....

As for this Lens (that I mention above).

The Price of this Lens should be stablize for quite some time... until when the two Marco Lenses are going to launch then we shall see... "revised" the price then. :bsmilie: But to my concern, this Lens wun drop in price, cos the two Marco lenses are in 100mm and 25~35mm Focal in Length repectively. ;p

NMSS_2 said:
Hi to all,

1) 50mm macro oly
2) 50-200mm oly
3) hld-3 grip for E-300

50mm as many ppl have pointed out is a key lens in a photogs arsenal. 50-200 is a pretty good lens, but the people who used 150mm prime are saying that its much faster than than the former, but damn expensive. All the new lenses which will be release by olympus this year or first quarter or next year will be ok PRO quality and will cost $$$$. If you can afford the lenses then go for the pro lenses, otherwise stick to 50mm and 50-200mm. There is 55-200mm from sigma which is a decent lens from cost/performance ratio.

Dun know,

The price is kinda high, but I think if you are earning somethin from it you can go for buying the stuff...

Had a bad exp last week, went ova for a reception (free) shoot with my 14-45 kit lens. Fellow photographers were using Canon while myself with my kit lens, 50mm and 40-150.... My friends bot variety of lenses from canon and sigma... n dun know from where they heard this, but say the oly lenses were not good enough compared to the ones they had i.e. in terms of sharpness and cost.... (morons....shhhhhhh!!!!)

I tot of comparing e end result with em, but other than 50mm (which I used for flowers and some deco stuff), everythng is not as sharp as compared to what they had...

Dont regret on my kit lens or buying 40-150, think just good for casual photo's or portraits as they gave softer pictures compared to the ED group... Think I am seriously planning for an upgrade....Not in terms of changing E300, but buy some new ED lenses....May be I will start a new thread for this discussion.....

Thanks

marlboro_guy said:
I tot of comparing e end result with em, but other than 50mm (which I used for flowers and some deco stuff), everythng is not as sharp as compared to what they had...

Dont regret on my kit lens or buying 40-150, think just good for casual photo's or portraits as they gave softer pictures compared to the ED group... Think I am seriously planning for an upgrade....Not in terms of changing E300, but buy some new ED lenses....May be I will start a new thread for this discussion.....

Thanks

Sometime Non ED Element Lens does produce sharp images too.

As per Nightpiper mention b4

On the bright side, I was taking some "official pics" around my office and a nice gentleman came up to say " you have a good camera - the Olympus E-300". "Are you a pro?" I was flattered but I honestly replied," No, I am not but I must admit that this is indeed a good camera". (Oly should thank me for the advertising) Then, I showed this nice gentleman some of the pics I have taken. He seemed quite impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.