Wait for Sony a7000 or get Olympus em10 mark ii now

spike007

Dec 28, 2015
Australia
Wait for Sony a7000 or get Olympus em10 mark ii now???

Wait for Sony a7000 or get Olympus em10 mark ii now???

Why compare a6000 replacement to em10ii?

Why compare a6000 replacement to em10ii?

Yea I'm a bit confused too. Unless the A6000 is currently heavily discounted such that it competes with the E-M10 II pricing and T/S got the impression the successor will too?
I get the feeling the A6000 successor will be a much higher end product but that's all speculation at this stage I guess.

Yea I'm a bit confused too. Unless the A6000 is currently heavily discounted such that it competes with the E-M10 II pricing and T/S got the impression the successor will too?
I get the feeling the A6000 successor will be a much higher end product but that's all speculation at this stage I guess.

Thks, for the A6000 it will cost me sing$600 with the kit Lens plus Sony freebies. A friend told me to get Olympus M10 II including the kit lens instead which will cost me sing$950 with freebies (battery, battery grip, memory cards etc). Another friend told me to wait for Sony a7000 which may be out in January and a better specs camera.

Better specs doesn't make it a better cam, for you.

If you're a beginner, just about any camera will do. You have to figure which camera / system you can live with the best. Each system has pros and cons.

If you're just shooting holiday snaps, get the cheapest, most convenient camera (your phone cam might be all you need)

Thks, for the A6000 it will cost me sing$600 with the kit Lens plus Sony freebies. A friend told me to get Olympus M10 II including the kit lens instead which will cost me sing$950 with freebies (battery, battery grip, memory cards etc). Another friend told me to wait for Sony a7000 which may be out in January and a better specs camera.

Better specs doesn't make it a better cam, for you.

If you're a beginner, just about any camera will do. You have to figure which camera / system you can live with the best. Each system has pros and cons.

If you're just shooting holiday snaps, get the cheapest, most convenient camera (your phone cam might be all you need)

Got a Nikon D810, just want to get a mirrorless camera to play with it.

Not sure how to answer your question.
Your D810 is arguably the best DSLR currently available and there's not many things it can't do.
So you're obviously not left wanting in the performance department.
So if you just want to play with mirrorless, I'd say go for the cheapest option or buy second hand.
But if you want to invest in an alternative mirrorless system, then look further than just the camera kit and what the whole system offers.
Yes, the A6000 successor is heavily rumoured to be announced shortly and of course it'll be better spec'd. So by all means, wait if you're not in no hurry. But wait too long and you might loose the opportunity to purchase the discounted A6000 kits. And I highly doubt the A7000 will be priced anywhere near the current A6000 kit.

LIke me get a A7R .... hahahaha

Got a Nikon D810, just want to get a mirrorless camera to play with it.

no offensive
but.. if you already had a D810.. You should know better and should'nt be asking this kind of question or start this kind of threads anymore.

If you saying... "just want to get a mirrorless camera to play with it." Then any choice u mention will do. Since they are mirrorless cameras.
Wait for a7000? hmm.. I'm not sure when its coming out..and if you can wait. You want to wait. Then sure. Go ahead and wait.

But you should already know, new camera will keep coming out. If you decide to purchase the A6000 (or any other current model now). Doesnt matter the new 1 comes out ornot. Your camera will still be able to power up and take picture too.

Last but not least...

If you really need it. You wont be able to afford the wait. If you can wait. Perhaps. You probably dont even need to buy at all. Especially since you already had a D810 to shoot with already.

There is a good deal from A6000 in qoo10. Grey set from Korean. Do check the review of the seller before you pull the trigger.

There is a good deal from A6000 in qoo10. Grey set from Korean. Do check the review of the seller before you pull the trigger.
I have never order anything from qoo10 from overseas...how safe isit?

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

I have never order anything from qoo10 from overseas...how safe isit?

Sent from my GT-N8020 using Tapatalk

I won't buy anything from overseas seller. No recourse if item is defective or something goes wrong, unless u can afford to lose the money

I won't buy anything from overseas seller. No recourse if item is defective or something goes wrong, unless u can afford to lose the money

Local shops love you deep deep haha