www.adamteo.net
Me going Melbourne from 28/01 - 03/02

got any places to recommend for shoots?

Me will be going Great Ocean Road definitely...hehehehe

Hey i'm leaving next friday to melbourne too :D

Hey me going there also...

27 till 3...

You studied there before?

You can go a lot of places to shoot there..... South gate, Ballarat, etc.

Most of the places I can't remember the name already..... but I'm still remember how to get there.... :p

http://www.geocities.com/yumie_99/melbIndex.html

Check it here.. using my point-and-shoot camera...... APS one... Nikon nuvis.. can't remember the model name.

Cheers.

me never been there before lor.....wanted to go after CNY but all flights kena booked liao....so bopian....shift forward the date lor....

:)

heaps of places , such a pity you going for such a short period of time.

Great ocean road
12 apostles - go during the sunrise when sunlight is softer and away the cliffs

Angelsea Golf course
if you want some kangaroo shots in the golf course, of course

St kilda beach
with the tram shot , and Luna park (newly renovated) with its colorful icon, The luna mouth
Sundays at st kilda beach can be quite crowded, good for street shots

Fitzroy - brunswick street
A colorful suburb filled with restaurants and quirky shops, check out the shop signs and shop display if u are into those shots

Fitzroy Gardens
If you like possums, cute google eyed marsupials, they come out at nights, pretty tame for good animal shots, just bring some food, Note : can be quite agressive

Ripon Lea Estate
Old victorian building , good architectural shots, love the garden, offen weddings are held here

Werribee Park
Another old victorian estate, with the rose garden, old colonial mansion, spreading estate, lotsa locals go for their wedding pics here

WIlliamstown
A suburb with lotsa victorian houses, good for a drive

Hanging rock
This weird place is famous after the Peter Weir movie, Hanging Rock,
basically a rock emerging from a flat land, mainly farmland, beautiful shots taken at dusk, with an errie feeling, especially when the fog comes in

Daylesford
If you are into interesting countryside, cottage houses, romantic lavander farms
Basically a popular tourist getaway for the Locals, not many tourist go there
I took many shots there, mainly farmhouses, country pubs, victorian houses

Little desert Park
about 4 hours away from Melbourne
Wild life, plenty of good camping sites, on the way there, you will pass the Pink Lakes (they are really pink!)
Good lighting helps, coz i went there when it was dull and cloudy, you need rich sunlight to capture the pink lakes.

Gee, i can go on and on,
but then i won't
there isn't enough time to visit all of them!

Sunlight is great in Australia, anything u take, turns out good!

Enjoy your stay in Melbourne. Walk around the city if you're into architectural photography, plenty of interesting details. Got to mention that magnificent blue sky we can only dream of over here. Good luck.

Originally posted by Kit
Enjoy your stay in Melbourne. Walk around the city if you're into architectural photography, plenty of interesting details. Got to mention that magnificent blue sky we can only dream of over here. Good luck.

hey, are u the same Kit from the Dpreview Canon Talk and Canon SLR Talk forum? :p

KIT---are you the one who bought the $600 gitzo tripod......

Here's a pic of the 12 Apostles I took during my trip to Melbourne in May last year. This was taken during the sunset.
12_Apostles.jpg

All my pics during the trip were taken using my Minolta SLR camera. Took abt 10 rolls there. A lot of nature and scenic places.
The building within a building in Melbourne Central is an interesting place for an interesting picture.
Another nice place will be Brighton Beach where they have the colourful beach huts.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.