wait for 35mm f1.8 or get 50mm f1.8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if u really can't wait for the 35mm, and really really want to save the $, you can go get a 2nd hand one.

hmm.. kenrockwell's information from US listing gives a different price. wonder if nikn singapore has uppz their price already?

personally, i find that 50mm f1.8 is a very good (and budget) lens! don't even need to get the f1.4 unless u like shooting in low light.

malaysia's shashinki stated price for this 35mm f1.8 is RM799.00, anyone know how much it cost in spore ?

Last edited:
Am a proffessional food photographer.
I use the AF-S and AI-S 105 mm f/2.8 as my preffered lens for food photography.
Have shot for bakerzin, breadtalk , coca-cola and also various other food stalls, such as beach road prawn noodles.
Should you have any doubts on food photography,pls feel free to pm me.

Have shot for bakerzin, breadtalk , coca-cola and also various other food stalls, such as beach road prawn noodles.

Seems like you are very experienced and awful rich for your age, any professional website for your work?

hmm just wondering why do you choose the 105mm instead of the 60mm for food?

I think you should get a macro lens... AF-S Micro 60mm f/2.8 can do the job well...

I reckon that! 35 and 50 not suitable for food photography

I noticed many seem to be using the AIS 105mm....

50/1.8 used to be my fav but i on DX i think i will prefer 30 or 35mm

Noob here and still trying to get used to 50mm f1.8 I bought. Like you, my main gripe is that its too close in DX. Looking at 35mm as well but think it'll cost around $500 :(

Noob here and still trying to get used to 50mm f1.8 I bought. Like you, my main gripe is that its too close in DX. Looking at 35mm as well but think it'll cost around $500 :(

It's too close? Am I right to say that it's about the same as looking thru 35mm in any DX zoom lens?

I'm planning to get it if it's $400 and below...;)

I haven't got any other lens other than my kit lens so I don't know how much brighter is 1.8....
I heard it's good for dimly lit rooms, but it's difficult to say how dim is dim...:p

waah! PROFFESIONAL with an extra 'F' ah!

you must be GOD LIKE for your age.

why not show us your portfolio? :think:

HI,

think that proFFesional got deregistered huh.

haha. back to the thread topic. im been using the 50/1.8 n have no complaints with it. it performs well n quite easy to use once you got the hang on manual focus. but i guess it is down to your preference and see which one suits ur shooting style.

Cheers,
Shaz

anyone know if the 35mm f/1.8 is available in singapore yet? i saw a flickr group for the lens, and i cant wait to try it out here!

anyone know if the 35mm f/1.8 is available in singapore yet? i saw a flickr group for the lens, and i cant wait to try it out here!

I think usually it should take about 2 months to reach SG after announcement. Hopefully it will be available somewhere in Apr 2009. :think:

I have the 50mm 1.8... Now i'm also considering this 35mm 1.8...
50 is great... But a little wider could really be useful sometime....

Actually I am wondering. This 35mm f1.8 is for DX which is about 52.5mm since crop factor is 1.5X. Will there be any difference using 50mm f1.8 on FX?
I am waiting to see how this lens can perform better than 50mm 1.8 on FX camera

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.