Wah things getting very tricky nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

germ_boi

Oct 3, 2003
Sedna, Orion Stars
Visit site
Here's smth that happened to me in mid july but I never really gotten to posting it. People were distributing flyers about a party for teenagers, looks pretty harmless doesnt it?

DSC07733.jpg

On normal view you would assume it was just a party for teenagers. Even after looking through the flyer I could think that it was a normal party but just one, only one word gave it away.

cheat.jpg

Isn't it interesting, they seem to be trying to lure teenagers like me to attend their functions so as to convert us.

My question now is, is it ethical? :thumbsd: If they had be more upfront that it was a religious gathering, NOT some party for teenagers, I might not make a fuss out of it, but it's really misleading. Isnt it the same as distributing flyers about some free gifts to be collected at a place and when you reach they try to sell you time share plans?

Regards
Germ

Just by reading the fine print (the part that you circled), it wouldn't be difficult to guess that it is a 'church/evangelism event'. But I must agree with you that the entire flyer focuses more on the 'party element' as the lure and is, IMHO, very misleading :nono:

i guess there will be two sides.
Freethinker: Intrusion of my right to choose my own belief. Pure trickery!
Christian: We are trying to save you from evil for christ sake!

so whether it is ethical anot, i think it would vastly differ from people to people. but if talking from a law-based opinion, i find it unethical.
any christians here want to show your stand in this?

Actually there doesn't seem to be anything wrong since it's afterall, just their way of reaching out. I think it's simply our perception of what a party should really be that needs to be changed.

dr34mc4st3r said:
what are the letters anyway? anyway purple colour for ad...fag leh. wait go party all bunch of hardo gays :bsmilie:

"be glad in HIS salvation"

His refers to god.

It's nothing unethical to convert other religion people to their own specific religion, in their mind, they are saving them, by whatever mean necessary :devil: .

That's what put me off ;(

Sensitive topic...

But in all years staying at HDB, other than salesman or garang guni..etc, knocking on the door...it will "those people" asking you to join their gathering.

dominator said:
Sensitive topic...

But in all years staying at HDB, other than salesman or garang guni..etc, knocking on the door...it will "those people" asking you to join their gathering.

always happens to me too. they even gave me tickets for some magic show. and when i reached there, haiz.............magic was the first half, nxt half was a bunch of crying people on stage telling us how "he" died for us and blah blah blah. but then, i wun really consider my neighbours unethical as they told me in advance about the nature of the show, so i went there willingly. but i did step out halfway though.;p

woagh so fast got replies.

To me, it's jus plain trickery. I would really appreciate it if they had emphasized BOTH the party and its religious inclinations.

That's just fair.

Adam_goi said:
Posting Guidelines for Kopitiam sub-forum

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posting Guidelines for Kopitiam sub-forum
While the Kopitiam sub-forum is not actively moderated, members can be assured that moderators are watching like hawks waiting for prey. Posts/threads which violate ClubSNAP's basic tenets (Click HERE! - for those who didn't memorise upon registering) will be deleted without hesitation or explanation.
In addition to the basic tenets, although Kopitiam is meant as a catch-all area for things not related to photography, posts/threads which are:
religious,
political,
racist;
in nature or can be construed as such will also be removed without prejudice.
Contributed by Darren Lau.
And the Wisdom to know the difference.

hmmm.....look at his signiture.

Oh I'm sorry for posting smth contrary to the spirit of Clubsnap's Terms and Conditions. Mods, Admins please close it.

Thanks! :)

Laughs**

---------------
God, grant me the Serenity
To accept the things I cannot change,
The Courage to change the things I can,
And the Wisdom to know the difference.
---------------

Isn't this religious too?

Status
Not open for further replies.