"Wah, so sharp! What lens did you use?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

smallaperture

Jan 5, 2004
Catchment Area
How often do we see this?

Well, now, our beloved guru KRW has a big article on Lens Sharpness. So, your lens does not matter much in sharpness ............

Did you ever read the "About" section of his site?

While it may be true that handheld, the differences between lenses matter little, it is undeniable that on a good tripod, a good lens will be sharper than a lousy lens. How important and how much you value that, of course, is a separate matter.

How often do we see this?

Well, now, our beloved guru KRW has a big article on Lens Sharpness. So, your lens does not matter much in sharpness ............

...does not matter much compared to other things that will screw up your image.

While it may be true that handheld, the differences between lenses matter little, it is undeniable that on a good tripod, a good lens will be sharper than a lousy lens. How important and how much you value that, of course, is a separate matter.

...so it is more important to invest in a good $200 tripod than spend another $2000 on that exotic Leica or ZF lens.

$200 not enough for a good tripod. Not to mention a good head.

Sharpness definitely important if you want to enlarge. But achieving sharpness, esp. handheld, is really difficult.

I hear this very often.

Unfortunately, I can't really see well how sharp is sharp due to the fact that I don't scrutinize every single square pixel of my photos. :bsmilie: Or maybe due to the fact that I don't really put on my glasses whenever I'm at home dats why stuff don't appear very sharp to me. :bsmilie:

Wad's up with sharpness anyway?

I think the condition in our public loilets has confirmed that a lot of people have problem with handheld.

:bsmilie:

Where are all the sharp-shooters and snipers. :bsmilie:

If not, up the shutter speed. Usually, I am a bit KS - I go for 1.5/focal length to make sure that loss of sharpness not due to handshake.

sorry.. got the link of the website?

I think the condition in our public loilets has confirmed that a lot of people have problem with handheld.

:bsmilie:

Because they don't have IS/VR?

Where are all the sharp-shooters and snipers. :bsmilie:

If not, up the shutter speed. Usually, I am a bit KS - I go for 1.5/focal length to make sure that loss of sharpness not due to handshake.
WOW, how you control your shutter speed? open & close for a few sec is it:bigeyes:
usually I open my aperture and spray it out so as to finish it faster:bsmilie:

But must agree with Sion as sometime can see that people spray all over the ground that I don't even dare to step inside;(
what the he** are they aiming:sweat:

WOW, how you control your shutter speed? open & close for a few sec is it:bigeyes:
usually I open my aperture and spray it out so as to finish it faster:bsmilie:

But must agree with Sion as sometime can see that people spray all over the ground that I don't even dare to step inside;(

They are zooming? :D

Well, they may think they're longer than they are... So they stand further back than they should. Or they're trying to achieve a perfect arc... A golden rainbow!

Status
Not open for further replies.