Wah Lau... Photos Exposed....

Status
Not open for further replies.

RuthBaby

Liew....

i jus sent some wedding photos for developing at my fav lab.. and warned them not to touched the colours... as ive enhanced it myself..

darn... when i collected e fotos.. almost 90% were exposed... Fark..

Now.. Can i ask them for refund?

* none of my pics in the disc were exposed *

you meant "OVER-EXPOSED"... of coz you want your photos to be exposed but properly, that is...... heh heh heh :)

Well, you can go back to the lab and request for a reprint FOC. It's their own negligence.

If I were you, I would go there and make lots of noise.
My neighbourhood lab also made the mistake of changing my lotus from a dark red to a cough mixture kind of pink. Was I ever pissed.
I took it as an insult to my photographic skills and demanded an improved reprint. Either that or a refund.

Maybe you could try that too.
If reprint don't work then take your business elsewhere lah.

SniperD said:
you meant "OVER-EXPOSED"... of coz you want your photos to be exposed but properly, that is...... heh heh heh :)

Well, you can go back to the lab and request for a reprint FOC. It's their own negligence.
yah man
tml im bring a few prints to konota as i will be at PP.. see if its the same results.. if its the same.. i blame my callibration
if its not.. i demand full refund...

RuthBaby said:
Liew....

i jus sent some wedding photos for developing at my fav lab.. and warned them not to touched the colours... as ive enhanced it myself..

You should check at the back if they are adjusted with those numbers. If it is clearly stated (written) that you do not want any adjustment and they did, just ask for a reprint. No need to go to Konota.

I find most lab. like to adjust the contrast to the skin tone level, however as a result to have overexposed to other part esp human nose and the glown for wedding shots ....

ask for re-print would be better choice :)

RuthBaby said:
ah!
i see the fotos damn terok.. i damn TL sia

i also dun wanna go konota.. after so mani bad reviews...

ruthbaby, go to beautiful memories at stamford house. highly recommended by me. :thumbsup:

RuthBaby said:
ah!
i see the fotos damn terok.. i damn TL sia

i also dun wanna go konota.. after so mani bad reviews...

Why don't you just use a usual developer, that way you won't have any worries that the shots you take will come out wrong? As least there will be some consistency.

Ruthbaby, when you said 'exposed', I assumed you meant they were overexposed. Timeliness is crucial here. Make known your dissatisfaction and ask them to reprint FOC at the point of collection. Do not take your time to lodge your dissatisfaction with them. By not doing it promptly, you are only weakening your case against them.

By asking for full refund outright, you are denying them an opportunity to correct the prints to your satisfaction.

Ask yourself this question. As it is your fav lab, it maybe a case of oversight on their part or sloppy job by an employee. Do you want to start building a working relationship with another lab all over again? It takes time and plenty of opportunities for dissatisfaction.

leonzhu said:
ruthbaby, go to beautiful memories at stamford house. highly recommended by me. :thumbsup:

yeah u rite!! go to 'beautiful memories and Mr sanjay will help you, i have printed some of my under exposed wedding photos from them and its turned
good after the printing..that's why i trust him (sanjay) very much .

just go back to the lab and question them where the overexposed photos whereas your pics clearly show no overexposure. ask them to do a reprint a pic that u think is overexposed on the spot with no colour correction. do a comparison. if it turned out good, then u can ask for total reprint for free or full refund.

leonzhu said:

I second that! The boss there seems to know his stuff. He actually looked through the photos on the screen and decided that no colour correction was needed. His judgement call was right, I had already colour corrected the photos at home before sending them in, and he knew it. This is service! Was given their Frontier colour profile after that as well.

Follow his advice to clarify is anything has been done. For FDI Frontiers, the reverse side of the print will have a series of codes. a NNNNN denotes no corrections made. If there are numbers, then correction was made.

Secondly, when they give you the receipt for submission, ensure they write on the paper, no corrections, no cropping/size to fit on the envelope. Verbal often not sufficient for operators to remember.

Lastly, if you sure something go wrong, demand a reprint else I won't pay for developing the prints. Just walk out. The CDR/CDRW is $1 at most.

PS : I use Digipro at marine terrace. They (and a few others...see fuji website) are Fuji's award winning shops based on audits.

theITguy said:
You should check at the back if they are adjusted with those numbers. If it is clearly stated (written) that you do not want any adjustment and they did, just ask for a reprint. No need to go to Konota.

Java_Guru said:
Follow his advice to clarify is anything has been done. For FDI Frontiers, the reverse side of the print will have a series of codes. a NNNNN denotes no corrections made. If there are numbers, then correction was made.

Film or digital? Prints from Digital have no codes on the back.

MoriMori said:
Film or digital? Prints from Digital have no codes on the back.

They have definitely for digital. Had it from day 1 since I started digital printing 1.5 yrs ago.

RuthBaby said:
Liew....

is it the Jurong Pt one?

I've had similar experience too (different lab).. specifically instructed them strictly no corrections to my pics. in the end my white borders become purple ... :nono:

does anyone knows how to decode the numbers behind the print?

Noir said:
Was given their Frontier colour profile after that as well.

What format would the Frontier machines' colour profile come in? Can I save it into my PC and see the same colour profile used in Photoshop?

i went back to my fav lab again.. they said they had contrust my pic.. cos they felt it was too dark.. -_-"

wah liew.....

den i asked them to print one on the spot without doing any colours adjustments... it was perfectly beautiful...

anyway, the problem is ... they can charge me a bit lower for the reprint?

cos the price they gave mi was indeed very low.. but... its abt 300 over pics wor... :(

Java_Guru said:

Secondly, when they give you the receipt for submission, ensure they write on the paper, no corrections, no cropping/size to fit on the envelope. Verbal often not sufficient for operators to remember.

Lastly, if you sure something go wrong, demand a reprint else I won't pay for developing the prints. Just walk out. The CDR/CDRW is $1 at most.

PS : I use Digipro at marine terrace. They (and a few others...see fuji website) are Fuji's award winning shops based on audits.

I use digipro also. Quite good lah but their film scanner is not very good. The boss is quite friendly one, ever reprint FREE because he cropped my photo composition 5mm off what I want. Film got problem but digital no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.