wah kao... dio hack...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del_CtrlnoAlt

Feb 15, 2003
Outside the Dry Box.
Visit site
kaoz... some joker came to hack my wireless network... anyway i got their IP and such... anybody know where to report? cos i did a log...

sibeh eng sia...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
kaoz... some joker came to hack my wireless network... anyway i got their IP and such... anybody know where to report? cos i did a log...

sibeh eng sia...

sure or not, people hack u?? u dont hack people very good loh, u so free one..
:sticktong

Someone bothered to hack you? :O wow,
So they got free internet?
My friend was saying that she is using free internet...

Just get their MAC address and filter :)~ or change your WEP/WPA key.
Easy temporary fix.

Think most people know how to "break in to a wireless network" ...

How are you so certain this person has broken into your wireless network?

Was any encryption used? Were you using WPA?

if they tap into your wireless network, their IPs are assigned by your DHCP, so I guess its useless?

GENO said:
sure or not, people hack u?? u dont hack people very good loh, u so free one..
:sticktong

;p u so look me tat up ar... but really lah, i only hack my neighbours nia, den i go tell them theirs not secure... :cool:

dunno y, seem that they wanna reroute my connection... while i was sleeping...

dEthANGeL said:
Think most people know how to "break in to a wireless network" ...

How are you so certain this person has broken into your wireless network?

Was any encryption used? Were you using WPA?

WPA2... checked...

anyway, think i set schedule timer to off my router... sianz...

kinda strange wor... no pc was on, and its targetting my network... lucky firewall kick them back...

oh ya... paiseh, should not be called my wireless... should be aim my router... sibeh eng... anyway, they send packets until my network jammed... router also hang...

Drudkh said:
if they tap into your wireless network, their IPs are assigned by your DHCP, so I guess its useless?
That is true. Aiyah they did not hack lah. They only did a scan and see your network and no excryption so they use your network to get free internet. Even at my place if I scan I can see a few network. I wouldn't worry too much about it bro.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:

sibeh eng sia...

To be on you Wireless network then they must have an IP address from your network (probably issued by the DHCP server in your wireless router) - this tells you nothing about them and will be meaningless to anyone else.

As mentioned before the only identification that is relevant is their MAC address. If you have this and the logs that they tried to hack/use your network, then you you can take it to the police.

Do you have any form of security for your wireless network?

cyber_m0nkey said:
To be on you Wireless network then they must have an IP address from your network (probably issued by the DHCP server in your wireless router) - this tells you nothing about them and will be meaningless to anyone else.

As mentioned before the only identification that is relevant is their MAC address. If you have this and the logs that they tried to hack/use your network, then you you can take it to the police.

Do you have any form of security for your wireless network?

paiseh... type sala... rephrase ar... its my connection kena... not my wireless (should say wireless router...) kena packets invasion.

DoS / Port scan attacks always take place.

Its how 1 monitors the network and does something about it. I've got logs of hundreds of attacks/portscans on my IP stored.

Never heard of any legal action against this type of hacking b4.....even if there is, authority will need to assess your damage...so far it seems minimum.......also bear in mind that there are thousands of concurent cases hapenning at the moment because of broadband access.....and the authority do not have control if the hacker is from oversea.....so your best bet is harderning your own perimeter to prevent hacking....so I guess your firewall is doing fine so far since you can capture the access log :lovegrin:

dEthANGeL said:
DoS / Port scan attacks always take place.

Its how 1 monitors the network and does something about it. I've got logs of hundreds of attacks/portscans on my IP stored.

Agree, this happens ALL the time. As long as there is no damage, then don't worry about too much - if it happens consistently from the same IP then you have a case to pursue.

jbma said:
That is true. Aiyah they did not hack lah. They only did a scan and see your network and no excryption so they use your network to get free internet. Even at my place if I scan I can see a few network. I wouldn't worry too much about it bro.
ya but have to be careful when someone taps your network to do illegal things! that's why securing wireless network is very important.

Drudkh said:
ya but have to be careful when someone taps your network to do illegal things! that's why securing wireless network is very important.
Yah but all you got is the ip address from your dhcp. It doesn't tell you anything.

jbma said:
Yah but all you got is the ip address from your dhcp. It doesn't tell you anything.
funny.. how come the 2nd sentence got erased in my post? :think:

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
dunno y, seem that they wanna reroute my connection... while i was sleeping...

to intercept your packet, from there they can capture your password. your pop, your clubsnap account.....

ninelives said:
to intercept your packet, from there they can capture your password. your pop, your clubsnap account.....

True, but they can only use it if there is no encryption.

Anyway Del_CtrlnoAlt corrected himself, it wasn't a wireless hack it was a scan/DoS on his wired network.

even with encryption ... there is a "way" to force the password out. ;)

some times can be because their PC got infected with torjan horse or virus, so the owner machine become a "hacker" unknowningly

cant do much except restart your modem to change IP

Status
Not open for further replies.