Wagyu beef steak recommendation

kietgnoel

Dec 24, 2004
Planet Earth
Hi.

Can anyone recommend a restaurant which serves good wagyu beef steak?

Thanks.

Go to chijmes, there got japanese restaurant selling wagyu beef. be prepared to empty pocket, wallet etc.

I believe currently there is a ban on the import of beef from Japan :think: ...

so the wagyu beef you are getting should be from Aussie ...:rolleyes:

Botak jones seems to have that too... limited stocks

Swensen's has Wagyu steak as well. And I like their steaks, as when I order "medium", it really comes out medium - slightly charred on the outside and tender on the inside, unlike other restaurants where it could be either too rare or too well done. :)

Hi.

Can anyone recommend a restaurant which serves good wagyu beef steak?

Thanks.

Astons has it quite regularly. The prices he charges for it is also very attractive. Try the East Coast Road branch opposite Katong Mall. I think it is the best outlet.

Astons has it quite regularly. The prices he charges for it is also very attractive. Try the East Coast Road branch opposite Katong Mall. I think it is the best outlet.
They have another outlet at KeyPoint, saw a long queue but it is not halal so I never tried... just giving info only.

best as in best quality of food?

Swensen's has Wagyu steak as well. And I like their steaks, as when I order "medium", it really comes out medium - slightly charred on the outside and tender on the inside, unlike other restaurants where it could be either too rare or too well done. :)

serious ah? I usually never go to Swensens or Jack' Place for steak

Always order medium rare comes out almost well done :angry:
Maybe just my luck lor............

yummy ! tried that there. tasty!! and reasonable priced as well.

Thanks for all the replies. I'll check out the suggestions.

Keep the suggestions coming.

serious ah? I usually never go to Swensens or Jack' Place for steak

Always order medium rare comes out almost well done :angry:
Maybe just my luck lor............

Jack's Place I know is non consistent, and their medium can come out well done and the meat tastes dry. But the Swensen's at both IMM and Jurong Point are quite good. Maybe for your case it is due to different chefs at different outlets. Maybe can be different also at the same outlet depending on which chefs are on shift. :bsmilie:

i think they have in in aston, tho it isn't really good.

How much is swensen's one?

From past experiences.. I told myself not to go there for anything but ice-cream.. and even the ice cream standard like dropped....

Or maybe it depends on which outlet?

I used to visit the one at changi T2..

I tried the Swenson's wagyu at Causeway point. $30 odd. Medium and it was really medium. Maybe Swenson caught on and is using the sous vide cooking method.

i liked ma maison's! not too expensive too :thumbsup: