Wagler's Pit Viper (juvenile)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scubawun

Mar 24, 2004
Yishun
old picture but just joined CS....any comments? still learning and CS is great so far.

it's a juvenile Wagler's Pit Viper. (enough poison to kill ya!)

thanks in advance! :)

waglerspitviper.jpg

Wunson, welcome to CS! :)

Whew ... the first sight at this pic have me wanting to ask ya how far were you when you took this shot? Technically, the flash seems kinda harsh but nevertheless, it is a good attempt considering the risks involved. :)

Wunson, welcome to CS! :)

Whew ... the first sight at this pic have me wanting to ask ya how far were you when you took this shot? Technically, the flash seems kinda harsh but nevertheless, it is a good attempt considering the risks involved. :)

I agree in that the flash seems to be kinda hash. I won't be surprised if you are rather near it. I find that viper generally do not strike even if you are near it and it can be in this poise for a long time. Having said that I would also not push my luck to go really too near it.

Hi scubawun,

Good attempt there, considering this guy is the poisonous type, I prolly wouldn't even go within a few feet of him. ;p Agree with the rest comments that the flash is to harsh, but good capture nonetheless.

thanks for the feedbback guys! yes, the flash was something i struggle to control.

anyway, the shot was taken on my Canon S45, auto, macro mode!

Between the camera and this little fella, it was about 30cm

scubawun, thanks for filling us in with the details. Whew ... 30cm is indeed quite a close proximity and while snakes aren't normally aggressive when not provoked (like what chngpe01 had correctly pointed out), it does take some guts to go this near. Keep up the good work! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.