Wacom's Bamboo Fun / Intuos 3/4

larlarloo

Sep 27, 2010
Hello!

I was just curious how many of you have used Wacom's product of Bamboo or Intuos, and how you rate its experience. I'm thinking of getting 1 for myself but not sure whether I should or not. I'm also not sure what size I should be getting. I'm no-pro and would edit pics for my personal use (I shoot about 1k+ pics a month ;p )

Thanks in advance! :)

definitely useful if you are into extensive editing and selective masking and air brushing etc. use my old Bambo for dust busting if it happens to be around, otherwise most of the time i use the mouse actully. I dun take more than 5 min per photo and unless i go on long holidays, i only hit a handful a yr :bsmilie: So you might find it more useful than me

Ryan

Last edited:
Agree with giantcanopy, if you just touch up photo, you don't need tablet mouse, but if you really want to get one, pick cheap one, bamboo is sufficient

got the Intuos 4, still favor the mouse,,,,sooner or later let my mom use it at the kitchen :p

Thanks guys! Looks like I'll probably buy the cheapest version or do A LOT of testing at Cathay Photo before buying it! :D Cheers! :)

I used to own the Intuos 3, medium size... was pretty excited with it thus using it almost everytime whenever I need to do post-processing. However after a few weeks I gave up and use my mouse more frequent... 6 months later I sold my Intous.

Now I use trackball mouse, which is more accurate than my laser mouse.

Now these mixed feelings are slowly driving me away from buying them... :O

the bamboo pen is more then enough brudda, the difference with the intuos is just the pressure which ya won't really need

i personally use intuos 4, medium size is perfect, larger than that is abit ridiculous for photo editing purposes

it's perfect

How about using it just for doing painting. Will Bamboo be good enough?

If Bamboo good enough, should get Bamboo Fun or Bamboo Pen & Touch?

How about using it just for doing painting. Will Bamboo be good enough?

If Bamboo good enough, should get Bamboo Fun or Bamboo Pen & Touch?

You might want to use Bamboo Pen & Touch. It is the rage nowadays. Personally I use Intuos 3 and since it never spoil, I never got to change them despite new models coming out every now and then.

It is a useful accessory which I use for 3D animation. So for doing painting, it is definitely a plus.:cool:

You might want to use Bamboo Pen & Touch. It is the rage nowadays. Personally I use Intuos 3 and since it never spoil, I never got to change them despite new models coming out every now and then.

It is a useful accessory which I use for 3D animation. So for doing painting, it is definitely a plus.:cool:

Oh, okay. I also looking at Bamboo Fun too because of the bigger pen area.