Wacom Tablet with (Extended) Dual Monitor Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Visuals

Sep 7, 2006
Hi all.

How does Wacom Tablet behave when used with a Dual Monitor setup in “extension” mode?

1. Does the 4 corners map to the ‘primary’ monitor only?

1.1 Or does it map onto the left 2 corners and right 2 corners of both the ‘primary’ and ‘secondary’ monitors respectively?

2. If both the ‘primary’ and ‘secondary’ monitors are under Wacom’s coverage, how will the tablet ‘real-estate’ be shared? Is it 50/50?

Thanks for reading.

Visuals.

i believe u can either map it to one monitor only or to both, if both it's 50/50. But when it's 50/50 it's VERY tricky to use the wacom because it's proportionately different...

I map it to only 1 of my monitors where I do all my PSing.

Thanks for contributing feedbacks. :)

If we map only to 1 monitor, does it mean we need to use the mouse whenever we transfer toolbars or palettes between both monitors? This would be quite inconvenient.

I wonder how others manage their workflow with Wacom on a 'Extended' dual monitor setup.

Experienced users, please do enlighten all of us here.

Set it to mouse mode IMHO. Still feels natural to me.

Had 2 monitor. My wacom is set to 50/50. so i only use the small area to do the picture. The reason is that I want the tools to move to another monitor for better viewing. So far no much problem. All depend on "get used to it" style.

Hi Guys,

Just wrote a simple program to help those with Dual Screen to switch the pen from one screen to another..

Download from http://willyfoo.com/tidbits/scripts/WacomToggle.zip

Just run wacomtoggle.exe to switch screens.
You may map the buttons to Open/Run the exe file as well.

You may right click on the trayicon to open the wacom dialog or to shut down the program.

Happy Toggling!!!

Just discovered an unintended Feature..
You can move a window from one screen to another by dragging it and clicking the toggle button at the same time.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.