Wacom Tables problems with Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpoet

Oct 18, 2004
I am running into problems with Wacom Tablet working with Vista.

For some unknown reason, the Tablet and pen will revert back to working as a mouse, but only after a period of inactivity. What I meant is, as pen and tablet, wherever I point the pen on the tablet, the cursor should jump to the corresponding point on the screen. This cease to happen after a period of inactivity.

Once I reboot the pc, the pen will work like a charm, until a period of inactivity takes place.

Anyone with similar problems.

I have updated to the latest driver from Wacom.
I am running Vista. Changing back to XP is not an option, nor switching to Mac.

For some unknown reason, the Tablet and pen will revert back to working as a mouse, but only after a period of inactivity. What I meant is, as pen and tablet, wherever I point the pen on the tablet, the cursor should jump to the corresponding point on the screen. This cease to happen after a period of inactivity.

Once I reboot the pc, the pen will work like a charm, until a period of inactivity takes place.

Anyone with similar problems.

I understand your problem.
I am using XP but also facing similar problem.
I believe that you connected quite a few of USB devices to your computer I presume.
I believe the problem lies with the USB hub.

To overcome this problem, I usually just pull out the USB for the Wacom and reconnect it back then it will resume it function.

Funny thing is I have never encounter this problem before regardless of whether the computer is operated in XP, Vista or Mac OS (In my studio, I have computers that use these OSes and each has a Wacom Intuos 3 tablet connected to it).

In addition, I am too lazy to download the latest driver. I always use the accompanied driver in the CD.

Have you tried plugging it straight into the USB port on the motherboard instead of going through a hub?

Wes

Have you tried plugging it straight into the USB port on the motherboard instead of going through a hub?

Wes

That could be the cause.;)

The tablet is plugged directly to the mother board.

I had actually more USB devices when I was using XP, and had never encounter this problem.

The tablet is plugged directly to the mother board.

I had actually more USB devices when I was using XP, and had never encounter this problem.

This doesn't sound good. It could be due to a few factors (motherboard, mobo+vista, mobo+wacom software, etc). When you meant period of inactivity, do you mean the PC goes into sleep mode or no? Windows sleep modes (XP and Vista) have some small issues.

Wes

inactivity as in the comp goes into sleep mode?... maybe switch off sleep mode... may be some kind of prob with the tablet driver... me, I have not seen this problem cause I prefer the tablet to be in mouse mode and my comp's sleep mode has always been disabled...

just dug into the power settings (control panel/power options/change plan settings/change advanced power settings)... there is this option in advanced power settings called "USB settings" where there is the option "USB selective suspend setting"... if this is enabled, maybe can try to disable it... might stop USB from going to sleep... mine is disabled... hope this works :)

Yes, when I meant inactivity, the pc has entered sleep mode. The problem happens when I wake up the pc.

If I unplug the tablet and plug it back in, it works fine again.

Will disable sleep mode and see if it helps.

I am and running Vista with Wacom tablet. No issues with mine too. Do check your USB connection

Me too.. Yet to have problem hot-plugging for either XP and Vista. I'm using an Intuos3 tablet.

seemed plugging directly to the motherboard solved the problem.

Strange, mine is plugged to my usb hub and is working fine..

Status
Not open for further replies.