Wacom Intuos 4 Overlay Sheet?

Thedraperyfalls

Oct 19, 2009
Singapore
Hi guys,

Intous 4 small user here.

I was just checking out the wacom site and forum regarding updates and I chanced across this,

Intuos 3 Overlay Sheet

I've never used an Intuos 3 before, and my Intuos 4 doesn't seem to have an overlay included, but I see them selling these online for the Intuos 4.

It seems like an excellent idea for protecting the active area as well as for one to place an image below the sheet and trace over it.

My question is, any Intuos 4 users here who utilise the overlay sheet or any other form of screen protectors? I have seen some pretty badly scratched up Intuos, and it's not a pleasant sight.

But just wondering, is it really necessary?

And is buying online the only option? Does any of the local stores/distributors have such overlay sheet/protectors for sale readily?

regards and many thanks,
Phil

Last edited:
I am currently using Intous 3 tablet and the overlay sheet should refer to the piece of thin paper that is place on top of the surface where you use the pen. This sheet of paper came together with the tablet when I bought it off the stores.

Have been using the tablet for over a year and have not scratched the overlay sheet at all. In fact, even my pen nib seemed to be in good condition.

Have read about Intous 4 pen nibs wearing out fast and also easier to scratch on the surface through the Walcom forum some time back. Not sure if you have same experience?

If you are looking for Walcom accesories, best place I can think of is Funan. Some of the shops there do sell Walcom pens and all, so maybe they also carry these sheets as well.

I've never used an Intuos 3 before, and my Intuos 4 doesn't seem to have an overlay included, ...

I'm pretty sure the Intuos4 comes with an overlay sheet (replaceable) already on it, just as the Intuos3 has. The texture on the 4 is different from the 3. Check with Wacom tech support. They're pretty good about answering questions quickly.

dont think the surface of the intuos 4 is replacable. mine is already totally scratched up like an old frying pan.

i prefer to use intuos 3 nylon nibs cuz they're smoother.

intuos 4 nibs are far too rough and wears out too fast, esp the felt nibs.

You can order a replacement here.

wacomg.jpg

Replacement overlay sheets are available but probably you need to call directly to either one of the two distributors in Singapore and check if they bring in.

Check with the local distributor, they don't have it.

i found one on current it show, i got my surface sheet clear :)

which booth?! =D