Wacom Graphic Digitizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

meowo

Mar 17, 2005
Wow, today i emailed tecdrome on their latest price list for these 2 wacom graphic digitizer model and here's what i get... :sweat:

Wacom Intuos2 6x8 $369.00
Wacom Graphire3 6x8 $439.00

Aiyo, why so expensive, i am new to this tablet gadget and was thinking of buying one to try for my web/graphic design that's under $200. Any other brand out there that work as well as Wacom?

there is a cheap 1 around $200 but is not as good as intuos.... I just got mine at Intuos3 at 400++ :)

i don't trust other brands... bought another one under $100 bucks which was not only not precise but also bonked out after a few weeks/months...

Bite the bullet, get an intuos or graphire.. u won't regret it.. after that ur mouse is secondary when it comes to touching up photos...

I bought my intuos2 6x8 back then for 300+.. I think the intuos2 should be cheaper than what u have quoted by now...

Actually I also donno why ur graphire so expensive... graphire should be cheaper than intuos...

erm... yalor... i dun know what tecdrome quote me the price so high... i was shock when i saw it... weird~

you guys know about the market rate nowaday?

The Wacom Intuos 3 9x12 I bought a few weeks ago was $569 (seems like the standard price in Funan but didn't really shop around that much). From what i've heard, try to get an Intuos 3 instead of a 2. It's supposedly THE industry workhorse.

Denosha said:
The Wacom Intuos 3 9x12 I bought a few weeks ago was $569 (seems like the standard price in Funan but didn't really shop around that much). From what i've heard, try to get an Intuos 3 instead of a 2. It's supposedly THE industry workhorse.

Not THAT much difference between the 2 and 3 actually... but if i'm not wrong you can't buy a 2 anymore..

In any case my friend just enquired at Sim Lim the other day:

Graphire3 130+ to 240+
Intuos 3 300+ to 500+

depending on the size..

Generally for not extremely detailed work go with a 6x8... 9x12 is a little too big and u'll find ur arm gets tired easily, imagine doodling vs painting on a canvas...

meowo said:
erm... yalor... i dun know what tecdrome quote me the price so high... i was shock when i saw it... weird~

you guys know about the market rate nowaday?

Actually the prices quoted by Tecdrome are already very reasonable. Wacom tablets are more or less the same pricing everywhere in Singapore

In fact it costs a lot more in the US - US$330 - even though that is the Intuos 3 - but the Intuos 2 was priced around this
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=348039&is=REG

The serial version of the Intuos 2 is US$340
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/234410-REG/ Wacom_XD68SER_Intuos2_6_x_8_.html

am looking at the option for digital photography touch-ups, and I do need to do a fair amount of selections.
Would an intuos-3 in 4x5 be enough, or should I get the 6x8?

A bonus for me would be that the intuos-3 comes with Photo Elements 3, which is itself worth S$200.

Status
Not open for further replies.