W60 Vs Olympus 1030SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

eddy400d

Jan 3, 2007
thinking of by a waterproof camera for my trip. don no if i should buy the pentax or olympus. owners of W60 hope you can share your experience and for those that tried both please give me your comments.

many thanks in advance.... i never own a waterproof cam b4 so really need to hear ur comments b4 i invest in one.

Buy Pentax for real life function like low light ability and focusing speed is fairly faster… this will aid you in taking underwater picture and usually underwater lights is always not enough for a F.stop 3.5 camera. I tested the Olympus 850 in redang only underwater I use this camera while on the surface I’m using another Olympus PnS. As for W60 my experience with this is only at Comdex for the merely 15min of fooling around at the booth. But I am very sure that their low light and focusing speed is much faster then Olympus Sw series. Plus the continuous movie recording mode for Pentax is unlimited until ur memory or battery run flat, while Oly can only do a 30sec or couple of minute which is almost useless feature ….

On the other hand if you go deeper than 4mtrs and looking to sell your camera Oly would be a better bet.

Hi thanks for you advice.... any other owners or users care to share your views... i use it mainly taking pix of my kids in swimming pool and trips to resorts... not for serious diving..

Personally I would go for the Pentax...its looks so much nicer and I'm sure the kids would love to play with it. The Oly looks odd shaped to me.:)

I am using 1030sw and I find it alright. Although I have never tried the Pentax one.
I have tried using it at Tioman underwater snorkling it produced pretty good images just remember to put the flash on when you are underwater and use the underwater modes for the shots you want.

As for the night shots, well it is not that great. But I am pretty ok with it.
Here are some samples shots taken with 1030

P8060154.jpg

P8060209.jpg

As it was my first time using it underwater I don't know what to look out for lol...

thanks for sharing... ya i saw ur pix in other threads and frankly it was ur pix that inspired me to buy a underwater camera. hee.... but i seem to read some pretty +ve comment on the W60 to and it seems more value for money. thus, i was hoping to hear some comments from W60 owners. afterall i think e w60 was on sale in recent comex.

thanks for sharing... ya i saw ur pix in other threads and frankly it was ur pix that inspired me to buy a underwater camera. hee.... but i seem to read some pretty +ve comment on the W60 to and it seems more value for money. thus, i was hoping to hear some comments from W60 owners. afterall i think e w60 was on sale in recent comex.

there are quite a few threads on the W60 in the dpreview pentax forum...do check it out.
:)

LOL...I see I see...What is the price of W60? Never read any review on that but based on what most said, its bit faster than the Oly 1030SW. But again...I don't really know. For PnS, basically, as long as it can take photos I am ok with it lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.