W32.Novarg.A@mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
Planet Nikon
"W32.Novarg.A@mm is a mass-mailing worm. The worm will arrive as an attachment with a file extension of .bat, .cmd, .exe, .pif, .scr, or .zip.

When the machine gets infected, the worm will set up a backdoor into the system by opening TCP ports 3127 thru 3198. This will potentially allow a hacker to connect to the machine and utilize it as a proxy to gain access to it's network resources. In addition, the backdoor has the ability to download and execute arbitrary files.

The worm will perform a DoS starting on February 1, 2004. On February 12, 2004 the worm has a trigger date to stop spreading.
"

Excerpted from - http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.novarg.a@mm.html

Anybody kena this? Think I just did, too lazy to install antivirus on my office PC... dang. Now trying to undo the damage I just 'did'.

Hi ESPN,

I got that as well.. but my norton says it cannot delete them and must quanrantined them.. how do i get rid of them?

pl enlighten. thanks!

espn said:
"W32.Novarg.A@mm is a mass-mailing worm. The worm will arrive as an attachment with a file extension of .bat, .cmd, .exe, .pif, .scr, or .zip.

When the machine gets infected, the worm will set up a backdoor into the system by opening TCP ports 3127 thru 3198. This will potentially allow a hacker to connect to the machine and utilize it as a proxy to gain access to it's network resources. In addition, the backdoor has the ability to download and execute arbitrary files.

The worm will perform a DoS starting on February 1, 2004. On February 12, 2004 the worm has a trigger date to stop spreading.
"

Excerpted from - http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.novarg.a@mm.html

Anybody kena this? Think I just did, too lazy to install antivirus on my office PC... dang. Now trying to undo the damage I just 'did'.

guess the only way is to prevent opening suspecting file attachments.

Status
Not open for further replies.