vr strange action

Status
Not open for further replies.

crysmatch

May 2, 2008
recently i just bought 2nd hand nkkor lens 55-200 vr from cs member. it's my first vr. i use nikon d-40. i just discover if i press halfway the shutter release button n let the lens focus, n than release it again, the lens view will move dwn a little bit. wit some kind of click. about 1 cm of what i saw in the viewfinder. but if i turn off the vr, it will gone. it will stay constant where i want it to be. is it just my lens, or every vr do it? pls give some light. thanks

n also the twisting motion not relly smooth like my 18-55, is it supposed to be like that 4 vr? or 4 long lenses?

What you've described seems to be the normal operation of the VR lens.

The click is the sound of the VR starting when you press the shutter button.

The next click is the VR stopping when you release the shutter button.

Of course, when you turn off the VR, none of these 'clicks' will be heard.

Google it (nikon vr click sound) and you will see that there is a lot of feedback about this.

my 18-55mm vr also works the same way as well, so no worries!
when you focus lock a scene, then you move the cam a bit can hear the click sound already.
the new 18-55mm vr zooming wise is more stiff than the 18-55mm II-ED but i still prefer the zooming of the new lens.

thanks, pardon my ignorance. but what we're seeing through viewfinder supposed to be moving down or not? thanks

why not you mount on a tripod, with vr on then look into the VF.
if the view in VR stays the same place then it could be something wrong with your handheld method.

thanks, pardon my ignorance. but what we're seeing through viewfinder supposed to be moving down or not? thanks
Yes, it normal that you see a little movement in the viewfinder when the VR starts. This is one big advantage of having the VR in the lens not the body, you see the effect of VR. With in-body VR DSLR the viewfinder does NOT show the effect of VR, so the viewfinder is still not steady.

yes when u half press, u will hear a click then the viewfinder jump a little bit than stabilize..

then when u remove ur half press, u will hear the click again, and the viewfinder will jump a little like theres a spring inside...

this is normal operation, dun worry..

thanks to everybody..

Status
Not open for further replies.