VR/IS, inbody or in lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nikonnew

May 31, 2005
Hi,

wanting to get a DSLR and is thinking of getting either Olympus 620, Nikon D5000 or canon 500D. However, I have a question regarding Image stabilisation. Oly is using In body but both Nikon and Canon is in the lens , does one perform better then the other?:dunno:

Hi,

wanting to get a DSLR and is thinking of getting either Olympus 620, Nikon D5000 or canon 500D. However, I have a question regarding Image stabilisation. Oly is using In body but both Nikon and Canon is in the lens , does one perform better then the other?:dunno:

to be honest, i doubt most people would have tried both, and it is really hard to do a very fair test

but anyways, you can see visible effects of optical stabilisation right away, compared to in-body stabilisation.

it is touted that optical stabilisation (in lens) is better for longer focal lengths, the difference is not so great for shorter focal lengths.

nonetheless, you have to pay for additional engineering built into every VR/IS lens from nikon/canon, compared to just paying once-off for most other third party brands (pentax, sony, olympus, etc).. for me, the choice is clear. and for everything else, there is tripod.

Status
Not open for further replies.