VPOST USA - some savings from USA purchases?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its useful for those merchants that only ship locally (or don't want to ship to SG) or when you wanna consolidate items from different merchants etc. But not necessarily cheaper....
Everything is explained in the site what...

..NuTs..

pcwe68 said:
Check this out, may have some savings when buying from USA

http://www.vpost.com.sg/promo/vPOSTUSA/shoutbroadcast.html

No idea how exactly it works in term of payment and stating mail address. Anyone with experience with this, please share.

More MO?? :D

i just received a CD which i bought from amazon.com thru vpostusa. what you do is register with vpostusa ... then they will give u some detailes like shipping address etc. when you make purchase from the online store (eg amazon), you specify the said address (from vpostusa) and make payment thru credit card as normal.

then the online store (eg amazon) will ship the item you purchase to the address (an address in US) ... so this means you pay a local shipping fee only (ie. an US address to another US address). this way you save lots of shipping liao.

when the item is received at the said US address, vpostusa will email you informing you of the arrival. now, what you do is pay for shipping from US to singapore. this shipping fee is very low (compared to normal shipping). eg. for a CD, i think i paid only about S$3

hope this is clear enuf :D

ndroo said:
i just received a CD which i bought from amazon.com thru vpostusa. what you do is register with vpostusa ... then they will give u some detailes like shipping address etc. when you make purchase from the online store (eg amazon), you specify the said address (from vpostusa) and make payment thru credit card as normal.

then the online store (eg amazon) will ship the item you purchase to the address (an address in US) ... so this means you pay a local shipping fee only (ie. an US address to another US address). this way you save lots of shipping liao.

when the item is received at the said US address, vpostusa will email you informing you of the arrival. now, what you do is pay for shipping from US to singapore. this shipping fee is very low (compared to normal shipping). eg. for a CD, i think i paid only about S$3

Thanks, Good info.
How do you know if a US store recognizes VPOST USA (is it limited to those listed at VPOST site)?

I have friends who tried to buy things using their credit card and have those things sent to their friends in US (for them to carry back to Singapore) and got rejected because the stores are afraid of fraud, stolen cards etc. since diff countries, sg credit card yet US addr.

I guess I will find out these info when I get my vpost password reset in a few days time (long time never use it). But since you have done it b4 so ask first.

pcwe68 said:
Thanks, Good info.
How do you know if a US store recognizes VPOST USA (is it limited to those listed at VPOST site)?

I have friends who tried to buy things using their credit card and have those things sent to their friends in US (for them to carry back to Singapore) and got rejected because the stores are afraid of fraud, stolen cards etc. since diff countries, sg credit card yet US addr.

I guess I will find out these info when I get my vpost password reset in a few days time (long time never use it). But since you have done it b4 so ask first.

if u read the stuff on the vpostusa webpage, u will see ...

"U.S. merchants that support Singapore credit card billing address"

this means any store which accepts your credit card and have the item sent to a US address will do. i guess most major online stores won't have a problem wif that.

well if you do register for vpostusa, maybe you can do me a favour n quote my ID in the member-get-member campaign (to collect points for draw) ... you lose nothing :D my ID is 86268

thanks and hope the info is useful ...

coolz! but is upostusa reliable?

cheers........

ndroo said:

reliable? it's run by sing post. u decide :D i've got my CD. arrived in US address last wed, i paid thru vpost.com.sg last thur, my CD is now in my CD tray ;)

ndroo said:
reliable? it's run by sing post. u decide :D i've got my CD. arrived in US address last wed, i paid thru vpost.com.sg last thur, my CD is now in my CD tray ;)

btw, i don't work 4 sing post ok *lol*

Hmm..
This is interesting.

Is it possible to check how much will the item cost to ship from the USA address back to Singapore without actually ordering?

Anyway ndroo, I've used your user ID..

SNAG said:
Hmm..
This is interesting.

Is it possible to check how much will the item cost to ship from the USA address back to Singapore without actually ordering?

Anyway ndroo, I've used your user ID..

thanks SNAG.

for the rates, now there is a promo rate ...

read this

"Slashed Down Shipping Charges For This Year End!

Yes there is indeed no better time to stretch your $$ and get that something special from the U.S through vPOSTUSA this festive season! From now till 26 Dec 03. Shop and pay for your shipping charges through vPOSTUSA and you'll enjoy these great slashed down rates!

Shipping Charges from vPOSTUSA address to Your Singapore address
Category vPOSTUSA Normal Shipping Price (SGD) vPOSTUSA Promo Price (SGD)
Books/Audio Books $8.99 + $6.99X $4.99 + $6.99X
CDs/DVDs/VHS $4.99 + $3.99Y $2.99 + $3.99Y
Others (e.g apparels, toys, etc..) $6.99 + 15% Z $3.99 + 15% Z

Where X is number of books, Y is number of CD/DVD/VHS title and Z is the value of the product

Hurry start your shopping spree today! "

you can c these info after u log into your vpost account. but there is no indication about the rates after the promo. but i am very sure it will be a lot cheaper. :D else why would we need them anyway *lol*

cheers

Hey ndroo,
Very interesting and helpful service from Vpost. If only I got to know last week. Bought the LOTR TTT gift set from Amazon. But shipping was only USD8+. Just signed up and put your member ID in. It'll be good if they can actually calculate shipping costs before I direct purchases to Vpost. USD8+ is not too much for a boxed set of DVDs with figurine.

hewmf said:
Hey ndroo,
Very interesting and helpful service from Vpost. If only I got to know last week. Bought the LOTR TTT gift set from Amazon. But shipping was only USD8+. Just signed up and put your member ID in. It'll be good if they can actually calculate shipping costs before I direct purchases to Vpost. USD8+ is not too much for a boxed set of DVDs with figurine.

hey, that was what I was thinking of getting as well!
Anyway, this USD$8 shipping charge is by VPOST or Amazon?
If I remember, Amazon has free shipping for orders more than USD$25...

SNAG said:
hey, that was what I was thinking of getting as well!
Anyway, this USD$8 shipping charge is by VPOST or Amazon?
If I remember, Amazon has free shipping for orders more than USD$25...

i remember amazon has some free shipping stuff. but it takes a bit longer for the item to reach the US address. (u can c the estimated delivery time in the site). for me, i chose the standard shipping (for CD) which cost only US$2.98 (well, i don't have much patience anyway)

i remember there was something like douwantit.com or something before. checked the rates etc ... don't seem to be any different from buying direct n pay for shipping. well that's my tots anyway.

have fun guys n thanx

yeah.
doyouwantit's shipping rates were a killer.

SNAG said:
yeah.
doyouwantit's shipping rates were a killer.

maybe they should call it doyoureallywantit :D

Hey Snag,
USD8+ was from Amazon for std delivery (10 to 16 days). Ain't in a hurry to pay a premium for shipping. Also bought the T2 extreme edition together with it. Agree, Amazon free shipping will be an advantage when using Vpost.

Status
Not open for further replies.