vpost USA questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

wind30

Deregistered
Mar 14, 2004
hi guys,

this is the first time I am shipping something from VpostUSA.

After payment, how long does the parcel need to reach me? My wife bought some winter clothing which we need on our trip on the 23rd Dec.

We paid Vpost on 12th Dec. The status (12th dec) was called "Processed in U.S.A/Japan" does it mean it is shipped out already? I called vpost on 14th and the lady told me this mean it is shipped out of US already...

Currently the status (16th Dec) is "Handover from Processing to Distributions Operations". seems like it is still stuck in USA or does this mean it has arrived in Singapore?

Super confused. The tracking messages is so ambiguous with no location at all.

Currently the status (16th Dec) is "Handover from Processing to Distributions Operations". seems like it is still stuck in USA or does this mean it has arrived in Singapore?

Super confused. The tracking messages is so ambiguous with no location at all.

I have been using vpost usa for a very long time. After I make the shipping payment via the Giro it usually take about a week or less to reach me but can take up to a max of 2 weeks.

Distributions Operations, not too sure it refer to the SG or overseas/USA.

Check their FAQ https://www.vpost.com.sg/vpost/vshopMain?Country=USA

Hope it help.

normally after you pay, it arrives very quickly, in about a week.

but in december things can get slowed down because of all the christmas presents being bought etc...

i had unpleasant experience with VPOST USA, using their service on December. My package was mixed up with some other guy's package. It's settled after 2-3 weeks. Maybe it's just too much traffic during this month.

Other than that, I must say the service is very good. I've been using their service many times.

hmm mine was 6days after patment ...

i got another package paid on the 12/13th dec 06...... still waiting 4 delivery i think i should receieve on the 20th, latest 21st ?

I find vpost expensive and never used them. Normally if i asked a seller to ship direct from US it's cheaper.

example: recently I bought a something that costs 8USD to ship over.

vpost quoted me: 14SGD via the online quotation but I would have to pay additional to the seller to send the package to the vpost collection centre which is about 2USD. Total ~17SGD

:dunno: how come you all find vpost cheap?

edit: oh yes.. and via US priority registered mail some more..

I find vpost expensive and never used them. Normally if i asked a seller to ship direct from US it's cheaper.

Problem is some US sellers refuse to ship beyond the 50 states.

Problem is some US sellers refuse to ship beyond the 50 states.
oh yes.. i came across those before.. then I won't buy from them.. :bsmilie: cos usually they will also want your paypal address to be verified to be a valid US address.

example: recently I bought a something that costs 8USD to ship over.

vpost quoted me: 14SGD via the online quotation but I would have to pay additional to the seller to send the package to the vpost collection centre which is about 2USD. Total ~17SGD

:dunno: how come you all find vpost cheap?

edit: oh yes.. and via US priority registered mail some more..

hmm depends wat u buy mah .... i.e i bought some telescope parts, in sg it will cost around $130+++? i think cause difficult 2 find or s'pore dun sell wan.

usd for the item oni USD 45~ 70 SGD, ship + tax = 20 USD~ 30SGD, vpost = 20 SGD
total damage ~ 120 SGD

actually for my stuff about the same , just that i normally will buy stuff that s'pore dun sell, hee.

oh yes.. i came across those before.. then I won't buy from them.. :bsmilie: cos usually they will also want your paypal address to be verified to be a valid US address.
Not necessary, quite some ebay seller willing to ship through Vpost USA, pay by verified paypal Singapore address, but not ship directly to Singapore.

But the Vpost fees are getting more expensive after the price adjustment lately :(

Status
Not open for further replies.