Vpost.com.sg - Save $$, service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maltese

Mar 21, 2005
Singapore
Hi pals,

After hearing many recommending vpost services at many forums, I've finally gave them a consider and task them to ship my US purchases.

Apparently, after 3 weeks, I'm still waiting for my items to arrive despite the fact that I've informed them via ISO9001 standard of admin follow up. I really need someone to tell me and SHOUT it positively that their service really save you money and their delivery is prompt and no nonsense.

What I usually do is leave it to the merchants as reputable merchants like bhphotos, adorama always get a good reliable courier for all their deliveries hence I'm quite happy to wait for about 1 week before getting them. The only complain I have with overseas merchants is when their couriers don't do clearance at the custom due to GST payment. That includes USpostal FYI. All other major couriers like UPS and Fedex does it for you and save you the trouble of going to Paya Lebar to pay your tax.

So after hearing many forums singing praises that you can consolidate your parcels and ship them together, you get to save on freight - I'm having doubts now. Apparently they cooked up a story for me from Vpost Singapore saying my merchant had not stated my account ID (they call it a VP number) when I received the confirmation emails from my merchants even stating a kiasu remark from me by repeating my VP number twice in the name fields - once in first name and a second repeat on my last name. That is why I'm convince my merchants couldn't have made the mistake that Vpost claims.

They are also charging me sky high delivery charges which are higher than my merchants sending me direcly via Fedex.

I'm want to know whether did any of you encounter such lame services probably from overseas Vpost centres and when you combine parcels, do the total shipping amount get sumed up hence risking over SGD400 and requires for GST payment.

You experience with vpost are bad. :(

I have been using their service for a long time shipping different type of thing where merchant refused to deliver to SG. So far I am quite ok with their service charge but I would said their delivery schedule not as what they claim.

I do save alot when I do combine shipment.

YMMV

They used to be fast. I think more people are using it, thats when the problem comes. They're shipping is fast, 5-7 days from US to SG. It is their processing time that is slower these days. Used to be 1-2 days, now, its approx 3-4 days processing time.

My combined orders did exceed SGD$400 once. $450 and I was not charge for GST. So you know what happen la. No need to spell it out.

Not all type of orders are cheaper I guess. It depends. I also save quite a few by using them and esp from US retailers that dun ship overseas, vpost is a great help.

Of cause if you want speed, its Fedex. Very very fast and great tracking. I think UPS isn't all that great.

fedex is the best la. superb tracking service.

i used vpost to order stuff before. 3-4 days processing. all in all, took me abt 2 weeks from USA to spore. and yes, i did save a lot of money

Yeah Fedex is the great. I ordered some stuff from US before. Ordered and shipped by Fedex Int priority on a Fri. Sat nite arrived SG. Too bad Singpost dun work on Sun, if not can receive them. I got my stuff on that very mon before 12pm. :thumbsup: Before I can track my shipment, its already sitting at SG customs. :bsmilie:

USe FEdEx .. is excelllent !

I once order something from a US site and Vpost can actually tell me some reason that they have no idea that my parcel was already arrive at the US Vpost.

hmm...u pals mention you did save money, did you ask your merchant to quote respectively? Of course if you compare fedex and UPS to Vpost, then you have to take into consideration that the amount of time they cut down as well as the security that the item is delivered to you in tip top condition.

I often ordered lenses, fragile items hence I would'nt be too sure that if Vpost takes such a long time to do their admin, during this period where will all the parcels be placed at and their staff will place them in good (note, not special) storage condition such as room temperature, location, dust, humidity etc?

A normal lens coating will get affected within 1 month of poor storage conditions, so if I've to continue waiting, 3 weeks already, and it happens to be a lens or something that require average storage condition, then I'm really quite worried about going to them again.

After hearing what you pals say, I see the point now :think: , for those who uses Vpost is primarily because your merchant refuse to ship to Singapore (where did you pals find such online merchants anyway), Vpost is :thumbsup: .

For those who think money is a huge consideration besides time, storage condition, security etc, Vpost is another :thumbsup:

For those who wants to consolidate shipment from several merchants, Vpost is yet another :thumbsup:

For GST, what I've gotten from Vpost is that GST is payable when my orders exceed SGD400, so if GST can be evaded then Vpost would definitely be 4 :thumbsup: am I right?

Maltese said:
After hearing what you pals say, I see the point now :think: , for those who uses Vpost is primarily because your merchant refuse to ship to Singapore (where did you pals find such online merchants anyway), Vpost is :thumbsup: .

There're merchants that dun ship overseas. Amazon dun ship electronics overseas.

Maltese said:
For those who think money is a huge consideration besides time, storage condition, security etc, Vpost is another :thumbsup:

Really depends right? If I need the item urgently, I'll go for Fedex. As for security, what security? vpost is offered by Singpost. If you cannot trust your own local postal service, then I got nothing to say.

Maltese said:
For those who wants to consolidate shipment from several merchants, Vpost is yet another :thumbsup:

This is where vpost can help cut down on shipping cost. Of cause, subjected to what you buy.

Maltese said:
For GST, what I've gotten from Vpost is that GST is payable when my orders exceed SGD400, so if GST can be evaded then Vpost would definitely be 4 :thumbsup: am I right?

For my case, its only once. Maybe I got lucky. No guarantees!

After 1 month of waiting, Vpost finally wrote back taking the responsibility :

We apologized for the delay in your package due to some miscommunication between us and the US counterpart. We will look into streamlining and improve our operational processes in order to serve you better.

We greatly appreciate your kind understanding in this matter.

Please be informed your item has been processed and you will receive the Shipment Alert on the next working day.

Please be informed that we will process the package as and when we receive it at the vPOSTUSA address. You can save on the base charge if your shipments are under the same category and shipping together. You may consolidate your items if they are arriving at the vPOSTUSA address around the same timing, as we allow the item to be held for one week. Please do not pay for the bill when you receive it from us, if you wish to consolidate your shipment. A new consolidated bill will be generated for your payment in the following week. Please note that there will be a holding fee of $1 per item per week for items that is holding for more than 14 days. Please also note that if the total amount of the consolidated shipment is more than S$400 for the same Merchant, you are required to pay GST.
We wish to inform no GST will incurred as there are 2 different merchants.

Thank you and have a nice day.

Yours sincerely

F---ana
vPOST Customer Service Officer
vPOST
www.vpost.com.sg I vpostusa@vpost.com.sg

If you cannot trust your own local postal service, then I got nothing to say.
As usual, our local postal service give the local service attitude which I'm rather surprised after so many years and claiming that we are a advanced nation often comparing to switzerland, Japan etc with "advanced" rates and fares but never services. Since u pals have experience with overseas shipping, how come no one seems to be angry with our "trusted local postal service" in comparison to theirs. Let me show you another email that I wrote to my merchant on the same incident :

Dear Anonymous,

I apologize for all the inconvenience. If you have not received your products that is our responsibility, we will reship at no charge and we will file a claim with FedEx. Please confirm that you have not received your order and where you would like us to ship.

Again we apologize for any inconvenience.

Best Wishes,

M--y
ABC CUSTOMER SERVICE
P.O Box 51
Tuxedo, NY
U.S.A

U pals see the DIFFERENCE (spelled with caps)? The incident is obviously Vpost fault!. U can easily tell because our "trusted local postal service" have send me so many emails (u should have seen those also) pushing blames to other people and only after I've given them the evidence, they get dumb-strucked and apologise. On the other hand, my merchant is uncertain on whether have they included the VP number but nonetheless, they are happy to apologise and take the responsibility should anything really happen to the delay shipment instead of blaming others and pushing the responsibility.

With the continuance of repeated patronising from ultra tolerance, fault accepting and super forgiving customers, Singapore is taking for granted. Our service and product level had come to a point where we locals are complaining because the rates and fares that are charged does not come in par with the standard we are paying and yet they are increasing all the time.

"Spare the cane and spoilt the child", may seems to be a controversial topic but "spare the complain and down the service" I believe there are some rights though.

I'm complaining not because there is going to be of any use on myself alone. I'm complaining to bring awareness to other people and makes them aware that if we locals are not going to do anything and be very forgiving to whatever our country is doing without questioning and feedbacking, we can forget about moulding a competitive and fully democratic environment for our children in future.

The other thing I forget to mention is that the security actually comes from the insurrance that we are opting in vpost and got nothing to do with the shipping guy because the damages are paid through the premium you are folking out and on top of the shipping charge to insurance company if there is any damages.

Status
Not open for further replies.