Vpost and Speedpost

bkling1

Oct 30, 2004
Singapost really got big problem. Tracking system dammm @!#$%^$#^.. Delivery dammmm !@#%^$$ slows.

Recently, I have an oversea item from Vpost took 9 days (They processed the item on Monday at Vpost USA) to arrive at Singapore. It took 1 day to clear custom and after that stuck at speedpost for many days. Track and trace's status from vpost always "Depart from S’pore Airport Processing Ctr " and Track & trace's status at speedpost always "Information Not Available". Called them got to wait for at least 15 minutes to hear human voices and they will tell you exactly what you have bveen in the track & trace.:thumbsd:

Last months I had even more funny encounter with Sing Post. I have an item reached Singapore around new year time. After 4 days, status still shown "Information Not Available". Couldn't tahan and called their service centre. I was told that due to festive season, probably i have to wait for another week to get my item delivered. I was damm angry and disappointed but when I reached home, the item already delivered. Out of curiousity, I checked their Track & Trace website next day, it still show status to be "Information Not Available". :bsmilie:

Pay peanuts get monkeys...

Pay peanuts get monkeys...

Brother...Vpost isn't cheaper than Comegateway or Borderlinx unless you are using Fedex or DHL.

Well.. Singapore service standard is really declining

Well, I have many items coming in and no problems, because I use EMS courier. Everything came in on time, and tracking works fine.

Maybe Airmail registered is slow.......heard after the re-organization last year, things got bogged down a lot.

I do know that overseas parcels when they come into another country, it usually gets another trackingnumber, so when you use the 'old' trackingnumber, it may not show if that countries registering system is not linked to the Singapore system........that's for registered articles

For example, I sent a registered article to Holland, I can only follow on-line up to till the article left Singapore, after that I am not able to follow it when it enters Holland, and when it gets delivered there

The post office though can follow it all the way, I think they called the overseas post office up to check

I sometimes check with this email address for lost or delayed articles (for Airmail registered only):

g-parenq@singpost.com

HS

Well, I have many items coming in and no problems, because I use EMS courier. Everything came in on time, and tracking works fine.

Maybe Airmail registered is slow.......heard after the re-organization last year, things got bogged down a lot.

I do know that overseas parcels when they come into another country, it usually gets another trackingnumber, so when you use the 'old' trackingnumber, it may not show if that countries registering system is not linked to the Singapore system........that's for registered articles

For example, I sent a registered article to Holland, I can only follow on-line up to till the article left Singapore, after that I am not able to follow it when it enters Holland, and when it gets delivered there

The post office though can follow it all the way, I think they called the overseas post office up to check

I sometimes check with this email address for lost or delayed articles (for Airmail registered only):

g-parenq@singpost.com

HS

Problem with some seller is not willing to ship oversea and I just conveniently get him to mail to Vpost US address. If not, most of the time I will get them to ship direct to Singapore to save all the hastles. Have not tried EMS before and will check on it.

Actually, I already know Singpost tracking is damm jialat with very limited information. This one is all the way by Singpost from Vpost US to Singapore with only one tracking number. But their delivery is really make you pissed off. I am very sure the item already with them is just that nobody get it delivered. In fact I called to offer selfcollection, but they insisted that must wait for their system to update the status first. The problem is the status in their system seems to halt there for donkey years..