Vpost and batteries your experience

Allan Teo

Jun 3, 2004
Hi
What are your experiences with Vpost and batteries?

In their fine print they said they will not ship anything with a battery SEPARATED from the packing
or a standalone battery.

However a call (TODAY) to their help line indicates that they are willing to open the package and discard the battery
for you.. They also say that if it is a camera, they will also open the package and insert the battery for you.

I wonder how some untrained fellow can insert a D4 battery which has a complicated Nikon Clip to be attached.

Other address forwarding proxies claim they will handle your battery and check if it meets shipping requirements.

What are your experiences with vpost and other competitors like borderlinx and viaaddres when your vendor fails
to remove the battery or insert the battery for you.

Does B&H practice the same rule? I heard UPS has no such issue.
let me know your stories.

bought a Instax mini 50s from B&H, came with 2 batteries. no issue there

bought batteries from ebay it was posted directly to my house by the seller from China no issue also I'm sure it goes SingPost but not tried using Vpost US address thingy.

bought a Instax mini 50s from B&H, came with 2 batteries. no issue there
Primarily the issue is with lithium-ion battery above 25 grams of Equivalent Lithium Content (ELC) or a certain mAh. These are typically used in laptops or professional audiovisual equipments.

Many of them have been known to combust spontaneously in the aircraft cargo hold and some even had to declare an emergency after the fire detection and extinguishing / suppression system failed to put the fire out.

Last edited:
I read that in vpost t&c, but been posting many batteries in without problem. So I think it's just a "safe clause" in case custom complains.

how about those ORMD stuffs? heard vpost returned back the stuffs to the shop. anyone successfully shipped ORMD stuffs to singapore?

Without knowing it, I once ordered some batteries together with other items. VPOST refused to ship the batteries. I had no other option but to request that they destroy the batteries.

WHat's the diff between battery inside a camera and standalone battery? Vpost is having double standard here.

This is my experienced - Ordered camera with battery from ebay shipped through Vpost. Did not know about vpost battery regulation and vpost refused to ship to SIN. Eventually got to bluff l them there isn't any battery with the purchase. Managed to got through.

Case number 2 - ordered a LP-E6 and only remembered Vpost cannot ship standalone battery but too late liao. Sent in declaration that item was something else and luckily seller did not put the word 'battery' in the invocie. Managed to got through.

Nowadays, Vpost is handling much more load than before. It is worthwhile to call them personally that your purchase does not come with battery. No harm trying cos vpost also do not want to go through the hassle of opening up your package

Does anyone know what is the policy for shipping batteries out of Singapore?
I once tried to post something with batteries with Singpost and they told me that I cannot post the batteries.
Anyone knows how I can post out items with batteries from Singapore to other countries?
But goods coming in seem to be fine.
I have bought Canon SLR battery from HK and got the goods ok.

I also posted a battery to Hongkong once, a laptop battery. I bought from ebay and it doesn't work, then need to return to seller. Used singpost and no problem. Maybe it's a bad day of yours.
Does anyone know what is the policy for shipping batteries out of Singapore?
I once tried to post something with batteries with Singpost and they told me that I cannot post the batteries.
Anyone knows how I can post out items with batteries from Singapore to other countries?
But goods coming in seem to be fine.
I have bought Canon SLR battery from HK and got the goods ok.