Volvo C30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Car looks good, and engine is very powerful. Definitely a fuel guzzler, but I don't think you will be considering that if you are thinking of C30 as your 1st car. But do beware, for a new driver who just got her driving license, the car may be too powerful for a new driver to handle competently. And the insurance is going to be huge if you are registering under your name.

Wow, getting this as your 1st car?

No offence to you but i agree with kelccm. The car may be too powerful for you to handle. I have tested my fren's Saab Aero with similar specs with the C30. And it is a mean machine.
Floor the gas pedal and you will stick to you seat.

Also the insurance will be sky high. New driver, 2 door and turbo charged adds more premium to your insurance.

Why not if money is no issue :lovegrin:

YMMV....if I can affort, I want a Ferrari as my first car.....It's not true that a powerful car will crash easier than a say QQ or Picanto on a newbie hand....how often do we hear that? It's the man behind the wheel that matter :lovegrin: :thumbsup:

Car looks good, and engine is very powerful. Definitely a fuel guzzler, but I don't think you will be considering that if you are thinking of C30 as your 1st car. But do beware, for a new driver who just got her driving license, the car may be too powerful for a new driver to handle competently. And the insurance is going to be huge if you are registering under your name.

i dun think so this car is that powerful that a new driver cannot handle. But I find the car a little on the light side.

Oh! My dad will be giving me a "loan", so kinda like it. He drives a Volvo, so naturally I'll be looking at the same brand. I like small car so I thought this is kind of cute. Another one I like is the Beetle.

i dun think so this car is that powerful that a new driver cannot handle. But I find the car a little on the light side.

All cars can be handled anyone if they are confident and driven with caution. But for an inexperience driver, sometime they may exceed the road safety limits without realising it, more so for a high end performance car. So it is just to highlight to TS to be more careful if she decides to purchase it.

Oh! My dad will be giving me a "loan", so kinda like it. He drives a Volvo, so naturally I'll be looking at the same brand. I like small car so I thought this is kind of cute. Another one I like is the Beetle.

Actually, if budget or fuel consumption is not an issue with you, the best would be to go down to the car showroom and see those cars you fancy and best would be to test drive them. That should give you an idea of the different handling of each car.

For your first car, get one that is below 1600cc. Just get used to driving around first before jumping in to high performance cards.

If you want a continental car, go for the VW. You can't go wrong with German precision.

Jeremy Clarkson didn't have a good impression of the C30 (Like he has with other cars :bsmilie:)

my family had quite a number of volvos, from the old 840, 960 turbo, and the latest s80.

all have 2 things in common. cracked engin blocks and buggered gearboxes. and the orchestra starts just after 5 years. so be prepared!

All cars can be handled anyone if they are confident and driven with caution. But for an inexperience driver, sometime they may exceed the road safety limits without realising it, more so for a high end performance car. So it is just to highlight to TS to be more careful if she decides to purchase it.

well, ladies driver are more capable then male drivers.

Maybe can also consider Mini Coooper.....can drive and park like a go cart :thumbsup:

nice car but for that price, i'd get myself a VW Golf GTi. if i have the moolah, my first car would definitely be that one.

i think anybody can drive any car and not go crashing it as long as they are well acquainted with the car. knowing how responsive the accelerator and brakes are is crucial.

whatever it is, drive safely.

I wanted a souped up M113 as my first car but too bad S'pore doesn't allow it :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.