Volume on External HD cannot mount

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danntbt

Jul 28, 2004
Chestnut
dannytoh.multiply.com
My MacBook pro hung and had to be forced quit by pressing the power button with my Maxtor 500Gb Hd attached. I was trying to attach a file on my email when all thing froze and the mouse disappeared.
When I restarted, one of my partition is visible, but the other one with all my images disappeared.
Tried Disk Utility and got the message below:

Verify and Repair disk “Imagedrive”
Invalid Volume Header
Checking HFS Plus volume.
Checking Extents Overflow file.
Checking Catalog file.
Invalid sibling link
Volume check failed.

Error: The underlying task reported failure on exit

1 HFS volume checked
1 volume could not be repaired because of an error

Any suggestion? many hours of work would be down the drain otherwise....Thanks...appreciate any input.

cutecdo

Feb 13, 2005
Lala Land
www.modelmayhem.com
Got the same problem as you recently on my portable harddisk. I used Disk Warrior 4 to repair the directory and manage to recover some files. But eventually have to re-format the harddisk cuz the directory still cause my MBP to hang while transferring files. Data recovery by vendors will cost a bomb. Hope this helps :)

Danntbt

Jul 28, 2004
Chestnut
dannytoh.multiply.com
Got the same problem as you recently on my portable harddisk. I used Disk Warrior 4 to repair the directory and manage to recover some files. But eventually have to re-format the harddisk cuz the directory still cause my MBP to hang while transferring files. Data recovery by vendors will cost a bomb. Hope this helps :)
Thanks, how much is Disk warrior?

Ola

Oct 6, 2005
Hougang
Can try this software. One of the best free disk recovery software.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom