Voltage in Swiss, Italy and Paris... 220V or 110V?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adzz

Jun 20, 2004
West area
Hi guys, I am planning a trip to Europe. Would like to ask if anyone knows what is the voltage there? I am concerned about this, so as to charge batteries (AA rechargables), as well as Ixus I Battery.

Must I bring a convertor or any special plugs?

Most european countries use TWO plug types, some places in France still uses older type plugs (three plugs....), better bring those adapters from the 1-dollar shops....

HS

Thats a good site! Just to add: the two plug type in Europe are the 'tin' two plug type.....many applliances in SG comes with the 'thin' european two plug type by the way.......

HS

Hi,

If you worried about power supply/voltage/plug in europe countries, then i suggest to get a multi adapter. I bought a multi adapter by targus at SLS which cost me about $35 - $40. It's a all in 1 plug. So regardless which country i'm in, all i need is to toggle the correct plug selection. Dont have to worry about voltage too. Hasslefree. Hope this is helpful.

i think it will only be wise to get a multi adapter. check when you buy that it can be used in all the countries that you plan to visit. France, Italy and Switzerland use 3 different types of plugs. and all 3 are different from the types you use in singapore.

hmm, for those multi plug, is there a in built transformer to step down the voltage if needed be or step up?

Adzz said:
hmm, for those multi plug, is there a in built transformer to step down the voltage if needed be or step up?

as far as i know, no. at most they will indicate to you whether it is 220V or 110V from the line. the step up/down part has to be done by your charger which i think most of the chargers nowadays can take both 220V and 110V. Check before you use.

Status
Not open for further replies.