cookiez

Oct 6, 2003
I will be going to Japan soon and will bring along
3 batteries for my camera. I will also have to bring
along the battery charger cos I reckon the 3 batt
can't last me for the full 12 days. May I know do I
need a converter plug for my charger if I were to
charge the batt over there ?

Yes, you will require a 2 pin adapter. The pins are flat and vertically orientated. Also to note that the voltage in Japan is only 110V.... So your batteries may take a slightly longer time to charge....

Erm.... The power pins in Japan look like this:

2PJPsocketplug.jpg

And yes, I'm not making a mistake about it, the voltage in Japan is 100V and not 110V like US.

Check ur charger to make sure that it has got the following label:

100-250V 50~60Hz
OR
110-250V 50~60Hz

Of cos, it certainly took slightly longer to charge my batteries when I was in Japan the other time. But it works all the same. Get one of those universal plugheads, it will work very well. :)

Thanks Shawn and Jsbn for the advises.

I bought 1 converter few years back from Taipei and not sure
if it can be used in Japan.

The pics of the converter :

Front view
0c383c31.jpg

Back view
f54fdeb3.jpg

cookiez said:
Thanks Shawn and Jsbn for the advises.

I bought 1 converter few years back from Taipei and not sure
if it can be used in Japan.

The pics of the converter :

Front view
0c383c31.jpg

Back view
f54fdeb3.jpg

ROC's voltage is rated at 110V / 60Hz. So should be able to use. Remember to buy those universal plug heads or for a cheaper option, just buy the plug head for Japan/ROC/USA.

afbug said:
ROC's voltage is rated at 110V / 60Hz. So should be able to use. Remember to buy those universal plug heads or for a cheaper option, just buy the plug head for Japan/ROC/USA.

Thanks afbug. So can the converter serves as a plug head ?

cookiez said:
Thanks afbug. So can the converter serves as a plug head ?

Yes, it can but according to the picture, its only for 2 pin plugs. If you got a 3 pin plug, then cannot. Have to buy the adaptor plug head.

Does the converter have any rating? Be sure that it can step-up the voltage from 110V to local voltage.

Take note of your chargers and equipment. If they have the rating of 100-250V 50~60Hz (eg Local nokia chargers), then you dun need the converter. Only need to buy adapter plug heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.