volkswagen scandal....

Will their cars be cheaper you think?

This scandal will kill all arguments put forward on the lower emissions of the newer generation of diesel engines. While it appears to be limited to diesel engined cars so far, I will not be surprised that sales of their petrol engine models will take a big hit reputation wise. I was actually considering VW as a replacement to my current car but looks like I might look at another car maker. Darn! VW owns Audi too.

This scandal will kill all arguments put forward on the lower emissions of the newer generation of diesel engines. While it appears to be limited to diesel engined cars so far, I will not be surprised that sales of their petrol engine models will take a big hit reputation wise. I was actually considering VW as a replacement to my current car but looks like I might look at another car maker. Darn! VW owns Audi too.

Can also consider the one made by Tang Hua: :)

electriccarconcept.jpg

Last edited:

.... I have to cancel my order for the new Audi R8 coupe now..... :( ....... :p

.... I have to cancel my order for the new Audi R8 coupe now..... :( ....... :p

Good move. Now that the Porsche CEO will take over, the R9 will be even more fantastic.

I'd like to have a 84 or 85 model GTI or a Corrado. The late model Beetles are bossy looking if you ask me. I bet VW survives. :)

I like that car Sion it is sort of different...hahaha

Last edited:
Diesel engines can be clean and according the regulations. It requires a few more efforts and costs (filter, Blu Ad that needs to be topped up during service checks, petrol to clean the filter), though.
But VW wanted the cheap way out and invested into cheating.

So sometimes cheap means cutting corners. VM has been one of the best selling European cars in recent market share ude to pricing.

I am not sure if this applies to camera?

Here is what I heard today. VW not the only one crossing the line. Other thing is the report comes out of organization in USA criticizing German AG. Last time I heard Germany was way greener than USA so I'll let you all go figure that one out.

I am not sure if this applies to camera?

Or Leica or Zeiss or Porsches...Bavarians and Saxons what a great bunch of volks...haha :D

Last edited:
I sincerely hope we singapore also don't falls into the same trap. Always want to outsell ourselves.

Many claims need and stand to be verified. Just because the top say someone, everyone is so blinded that they do rubbish just the show they are number 1.

I sincerely hope we singapore also don't falls into the same trap. Always want to outsell ourselves.

Many claims need and stand to be verified. Just because the top say someone, everyone is so blinded that they do rubbish just the show they are number 1.

Yeah.

Don't believe all those certified data, blah blah blah.

The man from Porsche steps in...

http://arstechnica.com/cars/2015/09/volkswagen-ceo-resigns-amid-emissions-test-cheating-scandal/

Former CEO pulls the cord of a 32 million dollar emergency exit chute. Amazing.

This CEO resign as an obligatory act I guess was expected to take some of the heat off the situation while they tackle this. But the board of directors and other department concern stated that he has no part nor was he aware of the situation concern the defective issue. Seem his time there where he was involve in a number of initiatives that helped VW reaching new historical heights and growth.

The golden parachute thing is not uncommon with corporate America. 32 Million that is nothing compared to some of the worst in Wall Street. Look at the ex-CEO of HP, how many lives did she ruined and brought HP to the state it is in and have no recovered and now she wants to run for POTUS office. Oh she got a golden parachute too. Care to guess how much she got? heheh

This CEO resign as an obligatory act I guess was expected to take some of the heat off the situation while they tackle this. But the board of directors and other department concern stated that he has no part nor was he aware of the situation concern the defective issue. Seem his time there where he was involve in a number of initiatives that helped VW reaching new historical heights and growth.

The golden parachute thing is not uncommon with corporate America. 32 Million that is nothing compared to some of the worst in Wall Street. Look at the ex-CEO of HP, how many lives did she ruined and brought HP to the state it is in and have no recovered and now she wants to run for POTUS office. Oh she got a golden parachute too. Care to guess how much she got? heheh

No need to quote example from far away places.

Talk about our ex CEO SMRT, is already a v good example liao

Evil of Capitalism.......

No need to quote example from far away places.

Talk about our ex CEO SMRT, is already a v good example liao

Evil of Capitalism.......

It's on the solid foundations of democracy and capitalism that this country is built.

Without the great works of ex-CEO SMRT would not be the envy of the world class urban transport system.

Think and be grateful. :)

It's on the solid foundations of democracy and capitalism that this country is built.

Without the great works of ex-CEO SMRT would not be the envy of the world class urban transport system.

Think and be grateful. :)

Somehow I always get this sense that this world is ruled by self selected elites.

They can always get away from anything, and the rich life is still goes there for them