Not open for further replies.

sbs99

Jan 17, 2002
Singapore
www.instagram.com
How many of these Volkswagen vans/buses are there in Singapore? :heart:

257449958_bfa05c29da.jpg

Know anyone who own one of these? =)

[Also known as : volkswagen van/bus, samba vans, kombi, combi, T1, T2, microbus]

I rarely see the VW Combi in Singapore.

Just to share one that i've came across:

vw.jpg

:lovegrin: :lovegrin: :lovegrin:

Ya, still a handfull of these running ard, some are fully restored, but most are in original/beaten condition....Used to drive a classic bug, so saw a few of them at the workshop b4...:thumbsup:

I rarely see the VW Combi in Singapore.

Just to share one that i've came across:

vw.jpg

:lovegrin: :lovegrin: :lovegrin:

That isn't a real one. Just a Jap minivan made up to look like one.:bsmilie:

How many of these Volkswagen vans/buses are there in Singapore? :heart:

257449958_bfa05c29da.jpg

Know anyone who own one of these? =)

[Also known as : volkswagen van/bus, samba vans, kombi, combi, T1, T2, microbus]

The cooler looking ones are the older buses with the split windscreen. i.e. a pillar down the middle of the windscreen. Those were the ones associated with the mid 60s/ early 70s hippy movement.

http://hjem.get2net.dk/schlenzig/vw/type2/type2.html

The cooler looking ones are the older buses with the split windscreen. i.e. a pillar down the middle of the windscreen. Those were the ones associated with the mid 60s/ early 70s hippy movement.

I used to take one of these which was used as a school bus back in the 1970s. If I can recall correctly, the split windscreen can also be pushed up. Nice van... sure brought back memories.

I used to take one of these which was used as a school bus back in the 1970s. If I can recall correctly, the split windscreen can also be pushed up. Nice van... sure brought back memories.

Did you so happen to live in Serangoon Gardens back then? :)

i haven't seen a split screen one in Singapore yet...hehe :lovegrin:

So ok, i have seen this green one, a pink one, all in Singapore...anyone else?
:heart:

i haven't seen a split screen one in Singapore yet...hehe :lovegrin:

So ok, i have seen this green one, a pink one, all in Singapore...anyone else?
:heart:

I seriously doubt that there are any split windscreen Type 1s left in Sg. I hope to be proved wrong.

Perhaps you may find them in some still running in Kampongs in Msia.

I wouldn't mind owning one. I've seen a very nicely restored one in peach and offwhite V-piping with lowered suspension (not in Sg) . Very coooool. :bsmilie:

How about this? It belongs to my friend right here in SG. He's mad about volks and vespas and restores them part-time. Thie VW Kombi's available for rent for weddings, events, branding activities, etc. Interested? Please email hai@vesvolk.com

kombi1.jpg

kombi2.jpg

That's him by the way. ;)

How about this? It belongs to my friend right here in SG. He's mad about volks and vespas and restores them part-time. Thie VW Kombi's available for rent for weddings, events, branding activities, etc. Interested? Please email hai@vesvolk.com

kombi1.jpg

kombi2.jpg

That's him by the way. ;)
niice!

but what's up with the butt :bsmilie:

Ah yes the classic combi. Used to drive one long time ago. Very rugged and can take plenty of abuse.:thumbsup: I will always stop to look if ever I find a beetle or a combi. Somehow it just interest me especially those restored ones.

jbma, if you ever decide to own one again, look for my friend, Ah Hai. His email is hai at vesvolk dot com. He should be able to find one for you and restore it to your heart's desire. :)

how much would it cost roughly to restore one?

how much to ship one in?

from msia?

pm me if its not suitable for public viewing. hur hur

jbma, if you ever decide to own one again, look for my friend, Ah Hai. His email is hai at vesvolk dot com. He should be able to find one for you and restore it to your heart's desire. :)

That combi is one sweet ride. I wouldn't mind finding one to restore myself.

Put two mattresses in the back and sticker on the bumper which reads "If this bus is a rockin don't come a knockin" :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.