Volkswagen Campervan

Status
Not open for further replies.

behyx

Jun 15, 2002
SG
vw-camper-hybrid.jpg

Recently just saw a very good condition Volkswagen Campervan parked along my office.. Wondering how much and where could I get it locally?

Any enthusiast here care to share more info on it? Would like to know more about it's vehicle type, maintenance, etc... Thanks! :)

These vehicles are registered in the 70s to 80s and as passenger vehicle.

There are seriously not alot of such vehicles left unless you can get an enthusiast to let go. Anyway, the last was sold in the range of about $40k. Also, the next renewal of COE could turn it into a Vintage plate as it should be over 30 years old by then.

Recently just saw a very good condition Volkswagen Campervan parked along my office.. Wondering how much and where could I get it locally?

Any enthusiast here care to share more info on it? Would like to know more about it's vehicle type, maintenance, etc... Thanks! :)[/QUOTE]

i dun own one, but welcome to the fan club. hehe

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Type_2[/url]

Always loved this vehicle. Recently just bought a small replica die cast model too. :thumbsup:

I've ever seen 1 or 2 on the road but the condition was quite original. The one you've seen should have gone through some reconditioning and modification.

yup, usually they send it up north to do conditioning or overhaul. (according to some contacts) :lovegrin:

That vehicle has been my favorite since I was little. Had a ride once in it when I was aged 6 or 7.

the last one i saw belonged to some army guy who had 10 kids or something :p

There's one ben&jerry's deco, at what's the place called? sorry can't remember, a place more accessible if u drive. :sweatsm:

Dempsey :)

Thanks guys! Especially Lmodel and sbs99 for the detailed information :)

Yes the one I saw recently was in super good condition cosmetically. Even the seats looks really nice and new.. Too bad when I went back 5mins later, the van was gone.. Else could have take some photos.

Thanks guys! Especially Lmodel and sbs99 for the detailed information :)

Yes the one I saw recently was in super good condition cosmetically. Even the seats looks really nice and new.. Too bad when I went back 5mins later, the van was gone.. Else could have take some photos.

no problem, im a enthusiast myself, though i dun drive, but i am an avid collecter of these toys of the vans. :)

543764523_3b220d96c5.jpg

(1:84 not the full range though, think i still have some of the small ones missing/cant find in retail)

but sadly as they say, renewing coe might mean converting to vintage plate, you cant drive it everyday anymore. Even if it's very well maintained :thumbsd:

I used to ride in a 1966 model quite regularly as the people two houses away had one. My science teacher also had one and I ended up in that one for an almost three hour trip one way and back again.

In the U.S.A., there were Chevrolet Corvair pick up trucks and vans that were similar in design with the rear engine.

anyone else seen any lately? Recently saw a pink one near Upper Thomson. :heart:

no problem, im a enthusiast myself, though i dun drive, but i am an avid collecter of these toys of the vans. :)

543764523_3b220d96c5.jpg

(1:84 not the full range though, think i still have some of the small ones missing/cant find in retail)

but sadly as they say, renewing coe might mean converting to vintage plate, you cant drive it everyday anymore. Even if it's very well maintained :thumbsd:

Hi,

I'm looking for vw toy vans for a friend. do u know where i can buy these?

Thanks

That's owned by a karung guni man -- a bay window model. The rear fender machiam like held together with scotch tape. He regularly goes to the tanjong pagar area. The OP picture is a split screen. Rather rare in these parts. I don't think the one that was sold recently is a split. There are also mods for the suzuki Every to change the outlook of that van into a kombi/campervan.

543764523_3b220d96c5.jpg

Pardon my ignorance here but i thought vintage plate is optional to reduce costs. I thought you can still buy full COE/ pay full tax to treat it as a normal vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.