Volcanos Indonesia

Status
Not open for further replies.

happyfrog

Feb 4, 2009
I'm interested to do a trip to some volcanos in Indonesia after Chinese New Year, anyone have places to recommend?

THanks a lot. :)

Sep 15, 2008
Rinjani...
Gede mountain - Bogor..nearby to Jakarta
or u want to go to Papua...Jayawijaya..

rgy1993

Deregistered
Mar 28, 2007
Singapore
Bromo is usually pretty epic...
also Merapi...
then theres the classic Anak Krakatau

theres so many around there it would probably take you a while to do all of them.. haha
can get decently cold in some mountains, theres even snow on one in Irian Jaya somewhere..

clioboy

May 25, 2008
I recommend Papadayan and Lake Ciater near Bandung.

Plus Bandung is a good place for shopping!! :D

Octarine

Staff member
Jan 3, 2008
Pasir Ris
thanks... is the climate cold close to the volcanos?
Climate is not depending on volcano but on the geographical location. In addition, altitude plays a role. Expect lower temperatures at the summit / crater and especially in the morning.

azul123

Dec 4, 2004
Eastern Bloc
then theres the classic Anak Krakatau.
This one might be a good choice, you'll never know the next eruption could give birth to a large mountain or it might totally sink under the sea.

../azul123

happyfrog

Feb 4, 2009
Rinjani, Bromo, Merapi and Krakatau looks very nice. I just wonder how much would it cost to go to those places.

Will be going free and easy, probably 3 days for 1 volcano. Or 1 week if several volcanos are located close by.

Bandung is already on my to-go list, didn't know there's also a volcano there.

ed9119

Staff member
Mar 11, 2002
Singapore
www.walkeast.com
you can do east to west tour starting at Jakarta and taking a train to Bandung, and then onwards to Jogja and then Bromo and take a boat across to Bali and then to Lombok.... looking at 5 volcanoes ..... a week and a half imho at least

ed9119

Staff member
Mar 11, 2002
Singapore
www.walkeast.com
Krakatau is magnificent but you will need to be on a boat/ship to get there and its located between Java and Sumatra .... lots of ferries ply this route between west java and Lampung

Suggest you start Jakarta and get to Bandung to cover Gede and Papandayan and continue eastwards to Jogjakarta to cover Merapi..... and continue eastwards to cover Bromo ..... and continue eastwards and cross over to Bali to cover Agung ...and continue eastwards to Lombok to cover Rinjani

And fly back home from Bali

Sep 15, 2008
In Irian Jaya, there is a volcano with snow on top, the name is Jayawijaya..
If u want to go anak Krakatau, i think there's some daily trip from Carita to go there.
U can googling for it.

In Bandung, there's 1 volcano that still natural and really quite.
only few persons know it, the name is "kawah putih" or if u want to go to the "more popular one ", u can go to "tangkuban perahu".
it's nearby to Bandung.

Actually, im Indonesian..i know a bit.
hehehe

Edward

krishna91

Oct 14, 2009
Asia
I like Lake Toba. Dormant but potentially the most dangerous volcano in the world along with Yellowstone.

rgy1993

Deregistered
Mar 28, 2007
Singapore
I like Lake Toba. Dormant but potentially the most dangerous volcano in the world along with Yellowstone.
isnt it one of those waiting supervolcanoes like yellowstone?
i watched 2012 the other day so im like hell paranoid now xD

krishna91

Oct 14, 2009
Asia
isnt it one of those waiting supervolcanoes like yellowstone?
i watched 2012 the other day so im like hell paranoid now xD
If one of those erupt, the Earth will transcend into the next Ice Age. 2012 is so unrealistic lol, they're swimming around at 29,000 feet with normal clothes..

amachi

Jul 20, 2009
The scary thing for me is that Lake Toba is only an-hour ride from my house :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom