Voigtlander & Zeiss Lens for Leica

Joshelerry

Apr 5, 2013
Singapore
Hi, I see that Artworkfoto sells some voigtlander lens for Leica, does anyone knows if any of the shops sell Zeiss lens for Leica mount as well in good price?

Thanks a lot!

Hi, I see that Artworkfoto sells some voigtlander lens for Leica, does anyone knows if any of the shops sell Zeiss lens for Leica mount as well in good price?

Thanks a lot!

good price.. not very sure.

but chiifei and slr revolution , orient photo (sls) used to carry zeiss lens in m mount.. best to call and ask.

Any catch or things to look out for using zeiss or voigtlander for Leica? Understand there is no 6bit coding and hence metadata is gone. But any issues with getting good accuracy, sharpness, metering etc?

Please advise

Any catch or things to look out for using zeiss or voigtlander for Leica? Understand there is no 6bit coding and hence metadata is gone. But any issues with getting good accuracy, sharpness, metering etc?

Please advise

Never had issues with Zeiss lenses but I use an EVF most of the time though.

If I uses lightroom for edit, will there be ability to call out the lens profile for voigt and zeiss ?

If I uses lightroom for edit, will there be ability to call out the lens profile for voigt and zeiss ?

the color profile you can select the closest profile to the leica lens, e.g. 50/2, (use summicron).
there wont be much difference tbh, unless you are using very wide angled leica lenses without coding. differences are very little.

as to lens profile/color on post processing, there should be some profiles, someone may have created these, but not sure whether they are available for every single lens. (people use to have profiles for voigtlander ultra wide 15 4.5 v 1 & v2)

I suppose no issues with metering as well using non-leica lens on M series ?

Why would there be a problem? It is through the lens mettering

Why would there be a problem? It is through the lens mettering

Just to know more, what are the downsides of using non-Leica lens on Leica M ? more on functionality etc ... IQ of course down to specific lens ability.

Just to know more, what are the downsides of using non-Leica lens on Leica M ? more on functionality etc ... IQ of course down to specific lens ability.

for film leica m I think it is perfectly fine to use other m mount lens other then those from leica.
For digital M, I have no idea as I don't own any of those so I cant give you an answer for that.