Voigtländer 21mm / F1,8 Ultron

Cactus jACK

Staff member
Jul 12, 2004
Singapore (Kallang)
Damn! i'm looking forward to this!! Should be coming soon in early 2013!!

21-mm_f1.8_ultron.jpg

source: www.voigtlaender.de

Due to its large diameter elements, you can shoot with available light even in severe light condition, and also shallow depth of field and super wide angle, this mix of features offers you a chance to emphasize main things with great bokeh.
Any kind of aberration is corrected properly by the construction of 13 elements 11 groups with Aspherical element.

13 elements in 11 groups with Aspherical lens
Full Metal Barrel with high stiffness and durability
Manual Focus only but Smoothly and Perfectly focusing
10 aperture blades brings you a beautiful Bokeh
Lenshood included (non-detachable)

for more details: Voigtlaender - 21 mm / F1,8 Ultron

Cactus jACK said:
Damn! i'm looking forward to this!! Should be coming soon in early 2013!!

source: www.voigtlaender.de

Due to its large diameter elements, you can shoot with available light even in severe light condition, and also shallow depth of field and super wide angle, this mix of features offers you a chance to emphasize main things with great bokeh.
Any kind of aberration is corrected properly by the construction of 13 elements 11 groups with Aspherical element.

13 elements in 11 groups with Aspherical lens
Full Metal Barrel with high stiffness and durability
Manual Focus only but Smoothly and Perfectly focusing
10 aperture blades brings you a beautiful Bokeh
Lenshood included (non-detachable)

for more details: Voigtlaender - 21 mm / F1,8 Ultron

Wow. Awesome stuff.

Hopefully this is more telecentric than other ultra wides. I might just sell my Zeiss 21mm if it proves to be a notch better in terms of performance.

SRP is Euro 1149. Quite near the price of the 35mm Nokton 1.2II

Looks really nice though!

Last edited:
I grabbed the lens off Chiif today. It's freakishly sharp wide open at the center. Light fall out, even uncorrected, is not too bad. Though improves somewhat with the 21/2.8 setting. Otherwise, have a look:

Voigtlander 21mm/f1.9 Ultron - a set on Flickr

Errz said:
FF wont be so soon lah. think u get ready for M better

Tatz y disappointing. Pushing me to sell my kidneys for d M. Haha. FF NEX will b half d price of M. Haiz.

How is this compared to the super sharp Zeiss 21mm F2.8 ZM?

In terms of sharpness in the middle and corners wide open?

This must be really huge in size as it is longer than the CV35F1.2II!

I grabbed the lens off Chiif today. It's freakishly sharp wide open at the center. Light fall out, even uncorrected, is not too bad. Though improves somewhat with the 21/2.8 setting. Otherwise, have a look:

Voigtlander 21mm/f1.9 Ultron - a set on Flickr

How is this compared to the super sharp Zeiss 21mm F2.8 ZM?

In terms of sharpness in the middle and corners wide open?

This must be really huge in size as it is longer than the CV35F1.2II!

I don't think I have a real way of measuring it without actually taking out a tripod and doing test shots. (Though I have both lenses).

I suspect the Voigtlander might be slightly better at the same aperture however.

Personally I don't think it's that much bigger compared to the CV35/1.2 II.

I am very excited about this but so far I can't find any info if it will fit in Fuji's Official M-to-X Mount Adapter...Scared it's not part of the supported lens...They havent updated the list since May 2012
FUJIFILM M MOUNT ADAPTER | Compatibility Chart | Fujifilm Global

anyone can confirm if it works? Otherwise have to shell out more for third party adapter...

QUOTE: Doesn't seem to have any on my M9.

Nice !! Which setting ? 21ASPH?