Void

Status
Not open for further replies.

redstone

d5.jpg

Comments needed. Too dark?:)

it is very very dark, why post for critique since you know it is already dark to see or judge at the first place? :dunno:

seems to be that its dooms day ...

redstone said:
Comments needed. Too dark?:)

Not necessarily too dark - It depends on what you want... what irks me is that the image is tilted. I would probably prefer just a picture of the table with the surrounding seats. The pillars are just clutter to me, and they are getting much brighter on the right side which distracts from the darker foreground.

I think the black point could also use some minor tweaking. The background doesn't seem to be completely black, which makes the picture look a bit murky. I thought at first the image may look better in black&white, but the colours give the picture actually a nice touch.

This picture also deomonstrates nicely that Clubsnap's default white page background is not too great for looking at photos. To do this picture justice, one really has to look at it against a dark, non-glaring background.

may look nice if there is a bright focus, maybe with a person standing somewhere......

composition & tilt conveys the sense of a bleak dreamscape. 'void' indeed.

Ooo.. I think it's too dark.

However, it's your purpose that's important.

Cheers

I dont mind dark, but in this case I might prefer the image in black and white and lotsa lotsa contrast. Another thing as someone pointed out before, i would prefer it not to sengek too.

as for the touch up, i think you push it too much already.

i thought the title was a very witty pun! :) being dark has got no problem, as long as it was what it was intended to be.

I actually like this just the way it is. Proper exposure is so overrated. Tilt is fine with me. What I like most about this is the arrows on the pillars.

LittleWolf said:
Not necessarily too dark - It depends on what you want... what irks me is that the image is tilted. I would probably prefer just a picture of the table with the surrounding seats. The pillars are just clutter to me, and they are getting much brighter on the right side which distracts from the darker foreground.

I think the black point could also use some minor tweaking. The background doesn't seem to be completely black, which makes the picture look a bit murky. I thought at first the image may look better in black&white, but the colours give the picture actually a nice touch.

This picture also deomonstrates nicely that Clubsnap's default white page background is not too great for looking at photos. To do this picture justice, one really has to look at it against a dark, non-glaring background.

Very dark, can hardly see anything on LCD screen... :(
Somehow cheap tripods are not 100% straight and level. :cry:

I'll go back there again. Perhaps make the shot less dark.
Thanks for your comments. :D

redstone said:
Very dark, can hardly see anything on LCD screen... :(
Somehow cheap tripods are not 100% straight and level. :cry:

I'll go back there again. Perhaps make the shot less dark.
Thanks for your comments. :D

if you are asking if i personally find it too dark or not ... may i ask you back, too dark for what?

yes, cheap tripods i agree can be a b*tch sometimes. but hey, you have something called photo editing software to help correct the tilt if that's something you really don't feel good about.

after you go back and make the shot less dark, i wonder what will be your next question? "is it too bright?"

i'm not questioning your technical grasp of photography .. i'm questioning your purpose.

personally, i feel alot of tension in your photograph, which i really like alot. i interpret it as a vision deep down from your psyche manifesting itself in a photograph, and in this case, the darkness and tilt works for me. BUT (a very big but) of course i could be getting it all wrong...which is probably the case anyway.

that's why i said, im questioning your purpose.

hmm..my first serious critique here :bsmilie: virgin

UH redstone, don't mind my newbie view. I think its either me or its slightly mis aligned? but honestly other then that... dude I LOVE IT. dunno why... gives a very nice feel, suspense? It kinda creates like an expectation for something to appear from the darkness?

Status
Not open for further replies.