Vodka.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry but none of the shots actually work for me. Here is your problem.

No.1 - All your shots have too much unwanted reflections
No.2 - The choice of your background is poor. The background lines does not appeal at all. You are actually "chopping the bottle" into half.
No.3 - Most of your angle is just straight from your camera. No exploration from top or bottom angle from your camera.
No.4 - Never never let a transparent liquor bottle rest. The liquid is again chopping the bottle in half. Look at Absolute Vodka advertisement.
No.5 - Lighting angle totally wrong. The use of direct light is not nice towards the bottle.
No.6 - The bottle just did not turn out as it suppose to be as if I m the client, I would be upset that you chopped off my product.

Actually the list goes on and on. So it's better that you reshoot again, using different lighting and setups. Go Page One, inside Kinokuniya Orchard. There are plenty of basic books and tips on still life photography.

Nice exploration of the subject, but sadly I have to agree with Pro Image.
Consolation is that glass is one of the most difficult things to light.
This is because that it is

1. Transparant
2. Highly reflective.

Consider back lighting with a clean background
I prefer a dark bg
Add a reflector to the side to give the subject a more 3D feel and to add some light to the label.

just my 2¢ worth

Pro Image said:
Sorry but none of the shots actually work for me. Here is your problem.

No.1 - All your shots have too much unwanted reflections
No.2 - The choice of your background is poor. The background lines does not appeal at all. You are actually "chopping the bottle" into half.
No.3 - Most of your angle is just straight from your camera. No exploration from top or bottom angle from your camera.
No.4 - Never never let a transparent liquor bottle rest. The liquid is again chopping the bottle in half. Look at Absolute Vodka advertisement.
No.5 - Lighting angle totally wrong. The use of direct light is not nice towards the bottle.
No.6 - The bottle just did not turn out as it suppose to be as if I m the client, I would be upset that you chopped off my product.

Actually the list goes on and on. So it's better that you reshoot again, using different lighting and setups. Go Page One, inside Kinokuniya Orchard. There are plenty of basic books and tips on still life photography.

:thumbsup: Good advices from Pro Image..Thanks for enlightening us..

ordinaryless said:
:thumbsup: Good advices from Pro Image..Thanks for enlightening us..

No prob. Anytime for those who wants to learn and love photography! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.