Vodka: studio shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

beetlejuice

Mar 12, 2006
C'wealth
lilibeetlejuice.multiply.com
Hi, this is one of my shots took during my school's photography class using a medium format Mamiya. I loved this alot. :lovegrin:

vodka.jpg

Ah so sorry here it is.

Any comments?

bo picture lei...

nyxx88 said:
bo picture lei...
Vodka bottle is transparent, so are Vodka, you only able to see "wording"....

and this is it.

beetlejuice said:
Hi, this is one of my shots took during my school's photography class using a medium format Mamiya. I loved this alot. :lovegrin:

Any comments?

(Some how remind me about the [SIZE=-1]modesty parable[/SIZE] of "[SIZE=-1]The King's New Clothes[/SIZE]", only the wiser are able to see it, maybe I older now, getting a little wiser now.)
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

catchlights said:
Vodka bottle is transparent, so are Vodka, you only able to see "wording"....

and this is it.

O such wise words of wisdom master catchlights :p

I should check back here in another 30 years after I have grown older & wiser ... :sticktong

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
siao liao... i am stupid... :eek:

I lagi siao, I'm just a little younger than Master Catchlights and I still can't see anything:cry: :cry:

Ommm...... *still waiting for enlightenment*

kenele said:
Thanks for the Vodka. It was Absolutely nice.

so you were the one who finish the vodka from the bottle in the shot? :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

it is an ok shot. however, the bottle is not vertically placed.

beetlejuice said:

Any comments?

Hi beetlejuice,

You wouldn't be a fan of "Hitch Hikers Guide to the Universe" would you ?

I know where my towel is :)

nice try , makes me thirsty ... this prove that yr photo are effective to a extend that i feel like drinking it . Good enough liao ;)

beetlejuice said:

vodka.jpg

Ah so sorry here it is.

Any comments?

Nothing much to comment on. Lighting is most prop a single light from the background. Concept wise, nothing special though the blue tone look pleasing.
Impact, except for a unlit subject against a lighted background, I fail to feel anything else.

How can you improve on it?
1) Try to light up just the logo. the Absolute logo have got fine details on it which when lighted will show. Lighting up the logo will also give the image a sense of foreground.

2) Try to move the dark lines at the side of the bottle ( especially the neck area ) at the moment now it looks a little distracting.

3) Clean the inside of the bottle. There seems to be some droplets of vodka on the right of the bottle.

4) Straighten your frame

Considering it is shot on a Mamiya (6X7 slide? ) the image look a little soft. Hope it is just the scanning and the slide is sharp.

Sorry to burst your bubble since you have mention that you love this shot alot.

EDIT:
1st para should read as "except for a unlit subject against a lighted background" instate of " except for a SHADOW ON a lighted background "

yqt said:
Nothing much to comment on. Lighting is most prop a single light from the background. Concept wise, nothing special though the blue tone look pleasing.
Impact, except for a unlit subject against a lighted background, I fail to feel anything else.

How can you improve on it?
1) Try to light up just the logo. the Absolute logo have got fine details on it which when lighted will show. Lighting up the logo will also give the image a sense of foreground.

2) Try to move the dark lines at the side of the bottle ( especially the neck area ) at the moment now it looks a little distracting.

3) Clean the inside of the bottle. There seems to be some droplets of vodka on the right of the bottle.

4) Straighten your frame

Considering it is shot on a Mamiya (6X7 slide? ) the image look a little soft. Hope it is just the scanning and the slide is sharp.

Sorry to burst your bubble since you have mention that you love this shot alot.

EDIT:
1st para should read as "except for a unlit subject against a lighted background" instate of " except for a SHADOW ON a lighted background "

ok got it thanks.

after all the comments, maybe you can share why you love this shot.. what is it about you love?

Status
Not open for further replies.