VivoCity Toilet

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkyrie

Aug 23, 2004
North
Just visited the toilet and notice that Vivocity management has disable the autosensor flushing as well as the manual flushing for the urinal and pasted the below sticker on each urinal. They do smell BTW.... ;p wonder what is this biotechnology?
vivotoilet.jpg

My company tested one unit last year and it cost so much to install that instead of saving, we wasted more $$$$ (-ve ROI). And its not effective at all.

yes it stinks, i've used it before. There is one at kovan heartland mall.
why does it cost more to install? no need to connect to the water tank wad, just the pipe to the sewage.

The unit itself is more expensive and the (consumables pallets) cost a lot. Add to removal of the existing normal urinal etc etc..

I concur, it doesn't work as expected.

Well, we've a few people here agreeing that it does not work.

But it does however, save water. :)

But it does however, save water. :)

save wat water?

all of it still get recycled at the end of the day.

perhaps the management see that in maybe 3yrs time, do they finally start to save a'lil bit on water bills, after breaking even from the cost of installation.

save wat water?

all of it still get recycled at the end of the day.

perhaps the management see that in maybe 3yrs time, do they finally start to save a'lil bit on water bills, after breaking even from the cost of installation.

The answer will be no. We had done the Financial calculation and there is never a chance to get back our capital. Unless the cost of the pellets used is reduced. We scrape the project and installed back the old urinal.

The answer will be no. We had done the Financial calculation and there is never a chance to get back our capital. Unless the cost of the pellets used is reduced. We scrape the project and installed back the old urinal.

classic is still the best.

newater!!!! :thumbsup:

It does smell...it smells because of the urine not broken down properly by the microbes or spillage when the urinal user never take aim?

I think they should line the flooring just below the urinal with the microbes cubes too.

At least should provide me a manual button to press when it is smelly... now left with no choice.:sweatsm:

its actually quite common in australia..maybe its just one of the initiatives to start to make ppl think about saving water

They have a few units installed at the Shaw House cinemas, and man do they stink! I know it's prudent to save water, but evidently this solution isn't working!

Samuel

I really wonder how much energy is used to make those "eco-friendly" pallets, vs purifying the water + treat the waste water.

Status
Not open for further replies.