VITAMIX Blenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

fruitybix

Nov 1, 2002
West
Visit site
hi folks, have any of you heard about this product?

www.vitamix.com

It is supposed to be the Rolls Royce of blenders, and is very good and effective, grinds ice into shavings in no time, but apparently only available from commercial suppliers. Was at Starbucks and saw them using it to make the fraps.

slurp slurp, but they are really costly, about $1200 at Boncafe! But this machine is great for juicing, beats all the other juicers out there now. You have one or you know of someone who has one too? :)

Originally posted by fruitybix
slurp slurp, but they are really costly, about $1200 at Boncafe! But this machine is great for juicing, beats all the other juicers out there now. You have one or you know of someone who has one too? :)

*gasp* $1,200?????

I dun have one - not that domesticated hehehe

Dun know anyone who has such an expensive blender

I thought its more of a blender than a juicer? With a juicer, you won't get the pulp whilst u'd get it with a blender. What do u intend to blend/juice anyway?

You should be ashamed of yourself, talking about $1200 blenders!

Why, with only another $1000, you could get an L lens already....

:D :D

OK, this is the take on blenders VS juicers.

The ordinary blenders operate at very low RPMs. Which means that it cannot blend fruits consistently. You will get pulp in various sizes, not exactly appetizing.

Juicers remove all the pulp and give you the liquids, which is great, but you do not get any fibre from this. You get less than half cup for 2 oranges. So effectively, it represents a big waste. Imagine, 5 oranges to give you 1 cup of juice! That is a waste.

This is where the Vitamix comes in. It blends everything into a smoothie, so you do not waste anything, and you get the fibre. So the guys are Vitamix, they charge about USD400 for this machines, which incidentally, are used very extensively in the cafes. It produces everything from iced mochas, to iced fraps, and will make soup too. Piping hot soup. Apparently the same container produces both hot and cold drinks!

So now, i am seriously thinking about getting it for home use, becuase the clean-up is much easier than a juicer. My juicer takes me at least 15 minutes to clean, after brushing away all the stuff in the filter. And then throwing away all the pulp..waste, waste.

:)

Originally posted by StreetShooter
You should be ashamed of yourself, talking about $1200 blenders!

Why, with only another $1000, you could get an L lens already....

I guess it takes a juice lover to under another...

Anyway, good luck on your purchase..bring ur blender to seed and treat us juice? ;)

Seriously, i would not mind, eccept that it weighs close to 8 kg.:what:

that is equivalent to 2 Pro SLRs, with 80-00 f2.8 lens, 550EX flash, and about 90,000 rolls of film, give or take 2 rolls...

OK, this is the take on blenders VS juicers.

The ordinary blenders operate at very low RPMs. Which means that it cannot blend fruits consistently. You will get pulp in various sizes, not exactly appetizing.

Juicers remove all the pulp and give you the liquids, which is great, but you do not get any fibre from this. You get less than half cup for 2 oranges. So effectively, it represents a big waste. Imagine, 5 oranges to give you 1 cup of juice! That is a waste.

This is where the Vitamix comes in. It blends everything into a smoothie, so you do not waste anything, and you get the fibre. So the guys are Vitamix, they charge about USD400 for this machines, which incidentally, are used very extensively in the cafes. It produces everything from iced mochas, to iced fraps, and will make soup too. Piping hot soup. Apparently the same container produces both hot and cold drinks!

So now, i am seriously thinking about getting it for home use, becuase the clean-up is much easier than a juicer. My juicer takes me at least 15 minutes to clean, after brushing away all the stuff in the filter. And then throwing away all the pulp..waste, waste.

:)

thanks for enlightening me. Ya know what u mean about the waste & the time it takes to clean the juicer!

where r u going to get it from (if u can get over the weight issue)?

Well, there was this guy who did the demo some time last year in Taka, his company is the sole distributor for the Vitamix Super 5000, for Malaysia. This is the "home-use" series.

In Singapore, Boncafe distributes a similar machine, from another series. But these are intended for commercial use.

Ice-blended strawberries and bananas.
Ice-blended mochas

think about that. :what:

Ice-blended mochas
YUCKS!!!:(

Well, there was this guy who did the demo some time last year in Taka, his company is the sole distributor for the Vitamix Super 5000, for Malaysia. This is the "home-use" series.

In Singapore, Boncafe distributes a similar machine, from another series. But these are intended for commercial use.

Ice-blended mochas

It costs about $4 for iceblended blueberry / blackberry from Orange Julius. Could be more economical to buy it in the long run if u drink it everyday.

8kg is too heavy - imagine cleaning it! Lighter for me to pay Orange Julius a visit everyday hehehe

eh pegasus, it is nice, i make for you special, you try, and then see how. :)

I can also try cookies and strawberries..? hmm, interesting, anyone want to try?

Originally posted by lavenderlilz
It costs about $4 for iceblended blueberry / blackberry from Orange Julius. Could be more economical to buy it in the long run if u drink it everyday.

8kg is too heavy - imagine cleaning it! Lighter for me to pay Orange Julius a visit everyday hehehe

I think the container is detachable for cleaning..
Not the whole machine to be cleaned.. :dunno:

Originally posted by lavenderlilz

No, i am wrong, let me rephrase.

The motor base, you dont clean, that is the one that weighs 8kg, the container is the one that needs cleaning, and that is the only equipment that need to be cleaned.

So after blending, you pour water into the container, put it back onto the base, press "on" for 15 seconds, then pour the water away, and that's it.

Imagine that cleaning, vs the juice extractor..

No, i am wrong, let me rephrase.

The motor base, you dont clean, that is the one that weighs 8kg, the container is the one that needs cleaning, and that is the only equipment that need to be cleaned.

So after blending, you pour water into the container, put it back onto the base, press "on" for 15 seconds, then pour the water away, and that's it.

Imagine that cleaning, vs the juice extractor..

oic. Hmmm vitamix should hire you to promote their stuff :wink:

Because i have an opportunity to try this at a friend's place, he bought it when one of the buble tea shops "toh tio" some time back (sounds familiar, eh?)

so he has been blending carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery into the V8 type of fruit juice, except his is all natural. Very delicious, very healthy!!

So now i am also keen, except i want to try on fruits.;p

Status
Not open for further replies.