Vitacon Wide Angle Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

sooming

Mar 11, 2004
I bought this during my recent trip to Lucky Plaza. Notice that there are several range of the products, and the guy at the shop told me this is suppose to be the best (professional range).

I tried it on my Fuji S5000. Ok, except for purple fringing and barrel distortion at the widest angle, which is unavoidable right?

Any good for this lens?

;)

sooming said:
I bought this during my recent trip to Lucky Plaza. Notice that there are several range of the products, and the guy at the shop told me this is suppose to be the best (professional range).

I tried it on my Fuji S5000. Ok, except for purple fringing and barrel distortion at the widest angle, which is unavoidable right?

Any good for this lens?

;)

How much u pay for it??

i bought one also recently.. but don't remember what's the brand.. go home check it and update then... :D

sooming said:

Any good for this lens?

;)

Becareful of these Lucky Plaza merchants, some of them will tell you anything which sounds believable but has no evidence to back up the claim. Be weary, be VERY weary. :nono:

Vitacon tcons and wcons are of average quality at best, nothing super, in my opinion. For the quality ones, maybe look at the Olympus or Tiffen ones. Used to use a Canon, so can tell you that the Canon tcon and wcon is also good. Lower down the price range would be the Kenko and Raynox ones.

I think I overpaid the price for it...S$180 :confused: . Maybe I should have bought the Olympus WCON instead but I wanted a 0.5X instead of 0.8X. I have an Olympus TCON-17 and it's very good and works well with my Fuji S5000.

Is it common to have purple fringing with 0.5X lenses? Btw, where can I get Raynox in S'pore?

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.