Vitacon Conversion Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

westcove

Feb 17, 2008
Anyone used the above before? Any feedback?

Are you referring to the one that attaches to your lens and it becomes a wide angle kit?

Get the real wide angle kit. These Conversion lens are deisnged for VideoCams in reality.

Anyone used the above before? Any feedback?

Sure, there is feedback. If you take the efforts to search the forum you will find related feedback. There's even a thread collecting example images when using such adapters. So far I have yet to see any positive feedback - unless you fancy distortions and lower image quality.

Just to let you know, these 0.42x or 0.5x wide angle tele-converter are some ways the shops try to "chop" you.
They will quote $100+ for it.. ;)

Is this something what you're referring to? :dunno:
resize

Just to let you know, these 0.42x or 0.5x wide angle tele-converter are some ways the shops try to "chop" you.
They will quote $100+ for it.. ;)
Second that, it is known as "vitacon" for a reason and just for your information Photo & Consumer Investments Pte Ltd is the owner of the brand.

Last edited:
My sch has two, a 1.5x tele and a 0.5x wide angle. Its classified under video camera lens, but i dont know the quality of photos that you can get out of it. I think that I will be mounting it onto my cam soon and then I can find out.

Post back when I have more info...

My sch has two, a 1.5x tele and a 0.5x wide angle. Its classified under video camera lens, but i dont know the quality of photos that you can get out of it. I think that I will be mounting it onto my cam soon and then I can find out.

Post back when I have more info...

No need to test, as stated in this thread, it's been tested and slammed. They're rubbish, not worth more than 20-30 SGD. No point ruining your pictures with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.