Vitacon 0.5 wide converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanxx

Feb 4, 2003
www.fotki.com
Is it good? using it for my C5050.

Would appreciate some comments on the quality of pics that are taken with.

lanxx said:
Is it good? using it for my C5050.

Would appreciate some comments on the quality of pics that are taken with.

this is a budget wide angle convertor and of cos, it gives u budget result. Pic is soft and quite bad distortion. I believe u can detach the bottom part of the convertor for macro purpose.

I agree. I got it as a present to go with my A70 and I do find the pictures taken with it rather soft. As for the distortion, I kinda like it! Can get some pretty interesting effects. You can also use it as a macro by unscrewing the front element. All this means there's a lot of glass to go thru' before the image is captured so I'm not too surprised if picture quality suffers. But hey, I'm quite new to this photography business so my 2 cents are worth just that - or maybe even less :D

ok, thanks for the comments. Anyway, know how much is it on the market now?

i got a test pic of this wide convertor on a70 the results is bad colour frining and distortion :( i would recommand you get the olympus wide convertor for your camera. it will have lesser distortion and better image quality

SuperRaY said:
i got a test pic of this wide convertor on a70 the results is bad colour frining and distortion :( i would recommand you get the olympus wide convertor for your camera. it will have lesser distortion and better image quality

Nice pics you have there. can you give me the exact URL of the pic that u used with the vitacon lens? thanks

but the prob with the olympus lens is that it's only 0.8x. Tried before, hardly any use.

CP has a 0.5x lens too, cannot rem the name, tango or something like that. Think is Kenko. anyone know of this brand of lens? just as bad as the vitcon?

Status
Not open for further replies.