Visual strike again - Pentax K-S1

sunnycamera

Dec 8, 2010
SG
since the new Q-S1 is real, here is K-S1, a mix of K-01 and K-r :)

Update: confirmed and the White color looks good , and the new white kit lens looks better with grey grip than black grip

Pentax-K-S1-camera-white.jpg

Pentax-K-S1-DSLR-camera.jpg

Pentax-K-S1-DSLR-camera-back.jpg

Pentax-K-S1-DSLR-camera-top.jpg

Last edited:
I hope this is a fake picture man..
This camera doesn't attract me to even think of buying it!

Must be me never burn enough incense for this month!

I bet the LED flashes and makes a "dulu dulu dulu" sound when you manage to get a perfectly sharp pict with it.
(like my son's toy) :D

Wow, ugliest camera i have ever seen. It's even worse than hasselblad lunar...It's so ugly that I think this cannot be fake ...

is this supposed to be mirrorless camera like k-01?

is this supposed to be mirrorless camera like k-01?

Is this even a camera or one of those hotshoe mounted miniatures?

I hope it's the latter!

Then again, I hope they'll pull a cruel joke and release this as their first FF camera body! Hahahahaha!!

Hmmm....:) hope so.....

actually at the risk of sounding that i have no taste...i would actually consider to buy one of this if its really small and support k mount lenses without adapter if the price is right..tot it will be good to use this camera with the small prime lenses for street shooting

looks interesting. will attract P&S shooters. the front LED can be use for timer countdown. not sure about the practicality of the outer mode dial, certainly not for those who wear gloves.

What say you if the LEDs can be disabled?

Must be me never burn enough incense for this month!

I bet the LED flashes and makes a "dulu dulu dulu" sound when you manage to get a perfectly sharp pict with it.
(like my son's toy) :D

Can buy and use it to light paint. :bsmilie:

There's no Ricoh, don't think it's real.

If it's real I demand a new 18-55 LU (light up)... Got ring of flashing LED lights on the circumference. :bsmilie:

That's a cool idea. But I guess you can always DIY one ring LED lights in front of our cheapy DAL kit lens for the same purpose :D

Anyway, really hope Pentax/Ricoh come out something more interesting and attractive. K3 is a great camera, but it's a bit expensive for most users, and it's still too bulky.

I still hope they can continue w/ what they originally planned for the K01 series...

Update: confirmed and the White color looks good , and the new white kit lens looks better with grey grip than black grip

Pentax-K-S1-camera-white.jpg

20MP APS-C CMOS sensor
3" LCD screen with 921,000 dots (aspect ratio 3:2)
ISO range: 100-51,200
Video recording: 1920 x 1080 at 30fps (stereo)
Built-in camera shake correction
Battery: D-LI109
Dimensions: 120mm x 92.5mm x 69.5mm

For comparison to K-01
122 x 79 x 58 mm

For comparison to K-50
129.0mm x 96.5mm x 70.0mm

For comparison to Canon 100D white
117 x 91 x 69 mm

canon 100D is still holding the record of smallest dslr

But K-S1 still better spec with the 100% coverage viewfinder. :cool:

Last edited:

20MP APS-C CMOS sensor
3" LCD screen with 921,000 dots (aspect ratio 3:2)
ISO range: 100-51,200
Video recording: 1920 x 1080 at 30fps (stereo)
Built-in camera shake correction
Battery: D-LI109
Dimensions: 120mm x 92.5mm x 69.5mm

For comparison to K-50
129.0mm x 96.5mm x 70.0mm

For comparison to Canon 100D white
117 x 91 x 69 mm

canon 100D is still holding the record of smallest dslr

But K-S1 still better spec with the 100% coverage viewfinder. :cool:

More n more interesting....size and mp improved....hope to see the performance soon...

waiting to see whats the price...should make a pretty good travel cam with its small size..

Got to admit that the navy grey and white one looks good actually.

Pentax-K-S1-grey.jpg

In fact it looks 'mecha' like. :lovegrin:

Last edited:
If ks-1 sensor is not losing much compared to k3, i guess i go for it. K3 just to bulky n heavy for me.

If ks-1 sensor is not losing much compared to k3, i guess i go for it. K3 just to bulky n heavy for me.

K3 isn't really very bulky. Even compared to my X-E1 the dimensions aren't that far off actually. You can see a size comparison to your K-01 here: http://camerasize.com/compare/#485,285

But it is heavy.

The trouble is that Pentax only puts 14-bit RAW in its flagships I think. For a landscape photographer, that 2 bits can get very useful especially during clear sky sunsets/sunrises, where the color gradation will start to band under 12-bit RAW.

Also another reason why I'm waiting for secondhand XE-2 prices to drop. :)

Last edited: